Chapter 28

(Hello, and welcome to "Chapter 28." Enjoy, and have a nice day/night! <3)

•~(Y/N)'s P.O.V~•

Is this family falling apart?

"I said that I was sorry, dad! What else do you want me to say or do!?"

Dad sighed, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me into a hug.

I lay my head on his chest. I was on the urge of crying again, but I refused to let it out.

"ŦΔŁҜ ŦØ ¥ØỮŘ ΜØŦĦ€Ř, ŞΔ¥ ŞØŘŘ¥ ŦØ ĦΞΜ, ŇØŦ Μ€." He paused for a moment. "Ξ ŦŘΞ€Đ ŦΔŁҜΞŇg ŦØ ĦΞΜ, βỮŦ Ħ€ Ş€€ΜŞ ŁΞҜ€ Ħ€ ŴΔŇŦŞ ¥ØỮ ΞŇŞŦ€ΔĐ Ø₣ Μ€."

I nodded, giving dad a kiss on the cheek before springing up and walking over to the kitchen.

The whole way there I thought about how I would apologize to mom.

"Mom? Are you still here? I came to- nah."

"Mom? I'm... I'm sorry about-"

I shook my head, turning the corner into the kitchen.

"Mom, I am here to say sorry for-"

He wasn't in here.

My heart skipped a beat.

"No, (Y/N). Don't just assume that he's... maybe he's in his room!"

I jogged over to mom and dad's room, knocking on the door.

"Mom? You in there?"

Silence.

I knocked again, this time hearing something move on the mattress, then a snore.

Oh... Mom's asleep.

I decided to leave mom alone and head back to my room.

Once I made it back into my room, dad looked up at me with a weak smile.

"ĐΞĐ ¥ØỮ-?"

"Nope, I couldn't. Mom's asleep in his room." I explained.

Dad nodded.

"Ħ€¥, ŴĦΞŁ€ Ħ€'Ş ΔŞŁ€€Р ĐØ ¥ØỮ ŴΔŇŦ ŦØ gØ ĆĦ€ĆҜ ỮР ØŇ ŦĦ€ ΔỮŞ?" He asked, standing up.

My eyes sparkled and I beamed with delight. It's been so long since we've last gone.

I miss those old days...

He chuckled. "ΔŁŁ ŘΞgĦŦ, ҜΞĐĐØ." He pat my head. "ŴĦ€Ř€ ŦØ ₣ΞŘŞŦ?"

I stood there, thinking with my finger up to my chin.

"How about Outertale? I wanna go see the beautiful stars!" I jumped up and down in excitement.

"ΔŁŁ ŘΞgĦŦ, ΔŁŁ ŘΞgĦŦ." Father said warmly, giggling a little.

He summoned a portal and let me go through first. I thanked him and went through, him following me soon after.

The stars were gorgeous, as always. They always seemed to impress me.

When I stare at them, I always think of them being the alternate universes or the monsters and people that have come before I did.

The stars never let me down whenever I come to look at them.

Everytime I come, they never fail to impress me.

"ŦĦΞŞ ΞŞ ŴĦ€Ř€ Ξ Μ€Ŧ ¥ØỮŘ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŁŁ ŦĦØŞ€ ¥€ΔŘŞ ΔgØ." Error began, "ŴĦΞŁ€ Ξ ŴΔŞ ŦŘ¥ΞŇg ŦØ ĆΔŁΜ Μ¥Ş€Ł₣ ĐØŴŇ ₣ŘØΜ Δ ₣ΞgĦŦ Ξ ĦΔĐ ŴΞŦĦ ŞØΜ€ØŇ€, ΞŇҜ ĆΔΜ€ ΞŇ ØỮŦ Ø₣ ŇØŴĦ€Ř€."

I listened to every word he was saying without looking away from the beautiful scenery.

He continued, "Ħ€ ŦŘΞ€Đ ĆĦ€€ŘΞŇg Μ€ ỮР, ΔŞҜΞŇg Μ€ ŴĦØ Ξ ŴΔŞ ΔŇĐ Ξ₣ Ξ ŴΔŞ ØҜΔ¥. Ø₣ ĆØỮŘŞ€, ĐỮŘΞŇg ŦĦΔŦ ŦΞΜ€ ΞŇҜ ΔŇĐ Ξ Ŵ€Ř€ €Ň€ΜΞ€Ş-"

"Wait..." I turned my head to look over at him,"You and mom used to be enemies?"

He nodded. "Ξ ŴΔŞ ØŇĆ€ Δ РΔŘŦ Ø₣ ŇΞgĦŦΜΔŘ€'Ş gΔŇg, Đ€ŞŦŘØ¥ΞŇg ỮŇΞV€ŘŞ€Ş ΔŇĐ ĆΔỮŞΞŇg ĆĦΔØŞ."

"Oh..." I looked away from him. "Will you ever... go back to them?"

Dad scooted close to me and hugged me,ing my cheek.

"Ξ ŴØỮŁĐ Ň€V€Ř. β€ŞΞĐ€Ş..."

I looked back up at him with teary eyes.

"Ξ ŴØỮŁĐ ŘΔŦĦ€Ř β€ Ħ€Ř€, ŴΞŦĦ ¥ØỮ ΔŇĐ ¥ØỮŘ ΜØΜ."

He ruffled my hair, bringing me closer to him.

I giggled, now feeling better.

"Daaadd!"

We both laughed.

"Ć'Μ€Ř€!"

I ran away as fast as I could, dodging his strings and glitchy bones.

He summoned very few though, he didn't want to hurt me.

He caught up to me and touched my left shoulder.

"ŦΔg!"

Dad turned around and ran off the opposite direction.

I chased after him, jumping from meteor to meteor until I caught up to him. I lunged at him, just barely missing.

I failed to land perfectly, but I quickly got back up onto my feet.

Eventually I tagged him.

It took five minutes.

Why is dad so fast? ;w;

Is it because I have short legs?

Error and I arrived back home soon after the game of tag that we had.

My child side will forever stay within me.

As for dad, well, obviously he still has his child side within him.

Only if PJ and Gradient were still here... It would be much better with them here.

Mom finally came out of his room after a few hours of me being in Outertale with dad.

We decided to ditch the idea of checking on the alternate universes and do that tomorrow.

As an apology for mom, dad helped me with making dinner.

Dad came in with mom. He had his hands over moms eye sockets, making sure that he wasn't peeking.

"I smell food. Did you-"

Error took his hands away from Inks face.

I was sat on a chair with food on my plate on the table. There were two other plates, one for mom and the other for dad.

Mom gasped, his pupils becoming stars and two different colors.

"Aww! Thank you!"

"It's my way of saying sorry to you, mom." I scratched the back of my head with my smile.

Mom ran up to me and hugged me tight. He kissed my forehead before sitting down in his seat.

"Let's eat now, shall we?"