Part 29

** The Next Morning — 11:30AM **

I was sitting across from Harry at the breakfast table, watching as he dialed his mom's number...

He turned it on speaker, setting it down on the table. After a few rings, she picked up. "Hello?"She asked. "Mum. Hey, it's me."He said. I heard her let out a relieved sigh. "I've been so worried about you, Harry. Please tell me they've let you go. Please."She commented, sounding on the verge of tears. He glanced up at me. I was simply watching, sipping the tea from my mug.

"No.. They haven't. But I'm working on it. It's complicated."He said. "Are you ok? Are they hurting you?"She asked. "No. No, I'm ok. How is everything at home? How's Gemma doing?"He questioned. "Good. Everything's good. We miss you a lot, and we're very worried."She said. He nodded.

"Are you alone right now?"She asked. Harry glanced up at me, questioning what I wanted him to say.. I shrugged. "No."He said. "Ok. Can they hear me?"She asked. "Yes."He replied. I heard her sigh.. "I'd like to have a talk with them."She stated. Harry gave me a look, muting the phone. "Be nice, please."He said, turning it off of mute and handing me the phone.

I cut it off of speaker, holding it to my ear.

"Hello?"I asked. "You're a woman.. Wow. I wasn't expecting that."She commented. I glanced up at Harry, who was watching me. "Will you let my boy go? Please. He's done nothing wrong, and we miss him dearly."She said. I sighed..

"Listen.. I've talked to Harry about this, many times. I want to. I really do. But I can't risk anything. There's a lot going on right now. And, I just need more time to figure this mess out. But, he's safe. He's being well-fed, hydrated.. He's taken care of. I just.. Can't let him leave here yet.."I explained to her, standing up and pacing across the kitchen. Harry got up from where he was sitting, and I turned around, facing him. I didn't trust him not to try something.

"Please. Reconsider. We'll do anything. We won't turn you in. Money. Did you want money?"She questioned. "No. No ma'am, this isn't about money. I can't trust you or Harry not to turn me in if I release him."I replied. "Why not? We won't say anything. Harry isn't one for making public statements anyway; he won't turn you in."She tried.

"I know.. I know. It's not that. Just.. Give me some time. I'll let him call you again soon. I have to go."I said, hanging up and pushing a hand through my hair. "What'd she say?"He asked.

"The basics. Begged me to release you. Told me you wouldn't turn me in. But, now is not the time for any of that. I need to call Peyton."I said, picking up my tea and walking out into the living room.. "Can't you do that later? Let's just.. Sit down and talk. Please."He said, giving me that look he does, that makes me feel bad for him..

We sat on the couch for a while, talking about a lot of different things..

After that, I went out onto the balcony that overlooks a lush forest, and dialed her number. She didn't answer, so I called again.. "What?"She asked. "Peyton."I said. "Oh thank god. Brooke, what the hell is happening? Everything's falling apart."She stated, sounding panicked. I ran a hand through my hair. "I don't know. Have you heard from Kai?"I asked. "No. I think she has Zayn still, but she's been driving all over the country trying to escape them. I think she got rid of her phone. They were tracking it. Are they tracking my phone?"She questioned. I sighed.

"Probably.. Um, listen. Lose your phone after this call. Take Louis and go to the state you couldn't remember when we were wine drunk in high school. Call me on a disposable cell and I'll give you directions to my house."I explained, not knowing if her phone was being monitored..

"Ok. Ok. Um. How's Harry been?"She questioned. "Good. Easy. I don't trust him. How's Louis?"I asked. She laughed. "Not good. I had to restrain him and give him more drugs. Once we separated from the guys, he realized he might be able to take me out. So, he's been unconscious for a while."She explained. I nodded..

"Alright. Um.. Well, get moving. I'll see you in a few days. Only use cash, Peyton. No cards. They can't trace you that way."I stated, before hanging up..

I let out a sigh, turning my phone off and shoving it in my back pocket..

"They're coming here?"I heard Harry ask behind me. I turned around. "Jesus, Harry. Stop eavesdropping. It's rude."I said, walking back into the house. He followed me. "I'm sorry.. I just, couldn't help but overhear. There's not much to do here."He commented.. I paced the living room for about a minute, trying to gather my thoughts. "Ok, well what would you have me do? What do you need to entertain yourself?"I asked.

He shrugged. "A notebook, maybe? Or we could turn on the tv for once?"He offered. "A notebook?"I asked. He nodded. "To write."He replied.

"Ok. Um.. Fine. I'm going to the store. I'm going to tie you up in your room while I'm out."I explained. He nodded..

***

I got back from the store without any problems, and untied Harry, setting the bags down on the bed first..

"I got you some different t-shirts from a thrift store, and this notebook I found there."I explained. He looked through the bag. "Thanks."

"Yeah, whatever. I'll be in my room the rest of the night."I said, walking out and shutting the door back.

I yawned, going down the hall and into my room. I shut the door behind me, sighing. This was getting to be so stressful.

I took a hot shower and then got in bed, quickly falling asleep, despite it only being 8:00PM..