Part 41

"Brooke Waters?"I heard from behind me. I froze, mentally cursing. I chose to pretend like I didn't hear him, or even recognize the name.

The girl handed me my ID back, and then the bag. I turned around, seeing a store manager and a security guy standing there. "Oh, sorry. Excuse me."I said, pretending like they'd been next in line. "Miss Waters, you're under arrest."The security man said. I raised my eyebrows, glancing around some. "I'm sorry.. What?"I asked. "You're under arrest, please put down the bag, and turn around with your hands on the back of your head."He demanded. I gave him a look. "Listen, I don't know who you think I am. But, I'm not. So—"I stopped mid-sentence, sprinting through the store at full speed. I laughed when I got outside, seeing as they hadn't bothered to lock the doors. I quickly got in my car, and sped out of the parking lot as quickly as possible.

I took a few dark backroads, and pulled over on one of them, hearing distant sirens. I turned my car off and ducked down out of sight as three police cars sped by me.

I turned my car back on and kept driving, eventually making my way back to the house. I shut the garage door behind me, and walked inside. "Oh thank god. Brooke, your picture's all over the place. I thought you'd been arrested!"Peyton exclaimed, running into the kitchen. I handed her the prescription bag. "Yeah, no. They scanned my fake ID at the pharmacy and I guess they'd put up some watch alert for it. But, I'm here. Listen, we have to go. Now. Right now."I said, walking upstairs. "Brooke, it's past midnight. Where are we gonna go?"She asked.

"Peyton.. They know where we are. They can easily look up the most recent houses being rented. It's not hard to find us."I said. She followed me into my room. Harry was knocked out. The news channel was on. The cameras at the pharmacy had gotten a fairly good picture of me. I rolled my eyes, quickly pulling that shirt off and changing into a grey hoodie. I tossed the other shirt at Harry, who jumped when it hit him. He groaned, pulling the comforter over his head. "Get up, we're leaving."I said, and he slowly sat up, running his hands down his face. "Why?"He asked, his eyes flickering to the tv. "Oh."He commented. "Yep, get up. Put some clothes on."I said, shutting the television off..

I didn't bother cleaning up fingerprints. I quickly packed, throwing the bags in the car..

**

After a few hours of driving, Peyton turned to me. "What're we doing? We can't just keep driving. It's four in the morning, Brooke. I'm exhausted."She said. "I know. I'll drive. I've been making plans. We can't stay in America; they know Harry's face, and our faces too well at this point."I stated, glancing over my shoulder. Harry was passed out in the backseat. "So.."She looked at me. "I've made arrangements for new passports and IDs under different names."I explained. She laughed. "Wow. Ok, so where are we going?"She questioned. "Byron Bay. It's on the coast of Australia."I answered.
She nodded. "Exciting."She commented.

***

We had to drive to Atlanta, which took almost 9 hours. From there, I got in contact with my ID guy. He met me in a secure location. I gave him money, he gave me two passports and two ID's under Peyton and I's new names. He also gave me one for Harry, in order to get him through the airports.

After that, it was going to be too risky going through the ATL airport, so we drove to Alabama and flew out from there. It was a miracle that we got through security...

Once in Byron Bay, we rented a two bath, two bedroom apartment. It's a pretty weird apartment actually. It has two separate entrances to the apartment. One entrance goes into Kai's room and the living area. The other goes to Harry and I's room, and the kitchen. And there's a door that connects the two inside.

"Alright, well I don't know about you, but I'm exhausted. Y'all have fun. But, not too much. And, not in the morning, cause I'm gonna want breakfast. I don't want to come over here for coffee, and see that."She said, then glanced over at Harry. "I mean I guess maybe—"I cut her off, pointing at the door. "Go."I said, hearing Harry laugh from where he was sitting behind me..

"Fine, fine I'm going. But I'm serious."She looked at me and mouthed "I need details,"holding her hands out as a way of measurement. I took my shoe off and threw it at her, laughing. She smiled, leaving the room and shutting the door back behind her...

A/N:
So, this chapter was pretty boring. I'm thinking about posting the next one along with it. Haven't decided yet. Thanks so so much for reading <3 .