Part 16

>>1:15AM>>

"He just had a shower yesterday, where's he going?"Niall asked as I untied Harry from the couch. I glanced over my shoulder, and then back at what I was doing. Harry was turned towards me, and I felt him move his leg, so it was angled against mine.

"We just need to talk to him about the security system at his house."I lied, pulling the ropes off of his wrist. He stood up. Niall seemed suspicious as Harry followed me out of the room. "Is everyone sleeping?"He asked after I shut the door and locked it. I nodded, walking down the hall and into my room. He came in after me, and I shut the door, locking it.

"How was your first day back with Niall?"I asked, turning around. He was looking around the room. "It was good. We talked a bit."He replied. I nodded, running a hand through my wet hair. I'd just showered, and changed into a black cami and a pair of lounge shorts.

"Talked about you some."He said quietly, looking at a painting on the wall.. "You talked about me?"I asked. He nodded, still looking at the painting.. "Well, what about?"I questioned. He turned around.

"You... And your.. Ways."He stated. I rolled my eyes. "Ok. Well. Bed time."I said, motioning over to the bed. "You don't want to know what we talked about?"He asked. I shrugged, knowing he'd just give me more vague answers. It's a guy thing. "Don't really care."I said, seeing him watching me from the corner of my eye. I was tying the rope around the bed, making sure it was secure.

"I need to brush my teeth."He stated, and I motioned towards the bathroom, where all his stuff was in the cabinets.. He walked in there, shutting the door, and I turned off all but the bedside lamp..

He came back out, and didn't have a shirt on. Of course. "Where's your shirt?"I asked, not looking up from my phone. He was looking at me.

"I don't like to sleep with it on."He said. I sighed, glancing over at him. "Ok.. Well, I'm going to sleep."I said. He nodded and walked over, getting on the bed and sitting on his side. I leaned over, grabbing the rope and tying it around his right wrist, securing it with a semi-complicated knot.

I laid down, shutting the lamp off and turning on my side, facing away from him. He was still partially sitting up, leaning his weight on his free hand.

"You really don't want to know what Niall and I were talking about?"He asked. I sighed, pulling the sheets over my head.

"Come on, you've got to be curious."He stated. I rolled over, meeting his gaze. "It's not my business. Doesn't affect me."I replied. It was dark, but from the very slight moonlight coming through the windows, I could see the outline of the tattoos on his chest.

"Ok, well I'm going to tell you anyway."He said, and I rolled back onto my other side, looking across the room.. "We were talking about you, and he asked me why I was sleeping in your room all the time. So I told him about the whole couch situation. And then we started talking about how nice you've been to all of us. And he asked why you've been so nice to me.."He trailed off, and I didn't say anything. I was busy enjoying the moment of silence, and felt myself falling asleep for a second..

"Ok, well I guess maybe I thought you liked me or something—"I rolled over, cutting him off. "Because I was nice to you?"I asked. "Well.. Yeah. I mean, you let me shower when I ask, you let me shave, and you cut my hair.. And I was only wearing a towel and you were standing really close to me. You let me sleep with you; you brought me tea this morning.."He trailed off.

"I'm a nice person. I'm sorry that you misread signals, but.. I'm not that type of girl."I stated.
"So then.."He sighed, rolling onto his back, staring at the ceiling.

"But why—"He couldn't seem to form a sentence. "So, there's nothing?"He asked, rolling back over to face me. I sighed, looking at him. "Not really, no. I just really enjoy your company. It's nice."I replied. He nodded, still watching me..

I rolled back over, facing away from him, shutting my eyes.. It only lasted about five minutes though..

"So, what if.. I don't know.. What if I asked.."He sighed, trailing off. "Just ask."I said, not rolling back over.

"What if I asked if I could kiss you?"He questioned. My breath caught in my chest, and I had to pinch my arm to make sure I hadn't fallen asleep.. Harry Styles really just asked me that.. What the fuck is going on?

"Why the hell would you want that?"I asked, still looking the other way. I felt his free-hand touch my arm, and I rolled over, facing him. "You're kind. And beautiful. And, despite the whole kidnapping thing.. Sort of perfect."He stated. I rolled my eyes. "That's bull if I've ever heard it."I commented, trying to roll back over, but he kept me there, his hand still on my arm..

"I'm serious."He said, looking at me. "It's not a good idea, ok?"I replied. He laughed.

"Screw good ideas."