Blood Crown - 6

(A/N): Kristiana and Evangelina outfits

Evangelina POV

I scolded myself for growing so attached to Kaden in such a short space of time, I knew he still loved Crystal and that kind of stung but I could see why. I remembered when she came over looking for Kaden, it wasn't the most pleasant interaction I've had but then again if I were her I wouldn't be the most cheerful person either.

I sat up on the bed finally willing myself to wake up and move, this bed was too comfortable for its own good. I sighed as I found Kaden gone but then again I'm pretty sure he was busy all the time being the Prince of Vampires. That still sounded absurd to me but I had to get used to it so I sucked it up.

Eventually, I groaned and stood up walking to the bathroom to freshen up a bit, I figured I'd relax and watch some TV before I showered. While in the bathroom, I let my thoughts drift to back home, I did miss it greatly even though my life was monotonous and mundane, all I did was work, sleep and eat. I knew my parents wouldn't know of my disappearance since they barely bothered to check if I was alive, they were pretty much obsessed with my sister Amelia, I knew I heard rumors and Facebook confirmed that my sister and ex fiance were actually a couple, I rolled my eyes at that nuisance and figured that I needed to accept that I just wasted four years of my life with that piece of shit that I'd never get back.

I thought about Daniel and knew he would be the only one to know of me just wiping off the face of the Earth, I felt an overwhelming feeling of guilt and sadness towards him and honestly he was the only person I'd miss. 

After finishing up in the bathroom I plopped down on the bed and flicked the TV on boredly. While scrolling through movies I was brought out of my thoughts by a soft knock on the door, I frowned wondering if Kaden was back but then again he wouldn't knock he just barges in. I slowly got off the bed and walked to the door wearily opening it, I was shocked to see Crystal standing there looking like a shivering leaf. My heart went out to her and I instantly was consumed with guilt although I was curious as to why she came, she didn't strike me as the jealous type to come and beat up the 'new girlfriend' 

"Hey" I broke the silence quietly looking at her, she looked at me and sighed. She looked so miserable and hurt, I felt like hugging her but realised that probably wouldn't be wise.

"Um would you like to come in? Kaden isn't here but he should be soon I think" I asked softly, I felt like I was treading on thin ice and anything could tick her off. 
"I shouldn't" she whispered but looked eager to come in, I gave her a small smile and gestured for her to enter which she did.

"So, are you okay?" I asked stupidly then mentally facepalmed myself at the dumb question "I'm sorry, that was a stupid question-" 

"No, it's fine" she cut me off politely with a curt smile on her face "it just hurts" she finally whispered looking down, I tried not to delve into how awkward this was and tried thinking of her as a friend.

"I'm sorry, is there anything I could do?" I asked, I really didn't know what I could and I didn't feel like it was my place to make suggestions but I couldn't think of anything else to say.

"Are you and Kaden involved intimately" she boldly asked making my jaw slacken a little in shock at her words, I mentally told myself to not get angry but felt like it was a losing battle since for some reason my anger flared. I took a deep breath and told myself she was just asking a question and not being rude.

"No, we're not, he is still very much in love with you so don't worry. He and I are just trying to be friends" I answered plastering a fake smile on my face, her face contorted into one of happiness which honestly pissed me off a little but I toned it down remembering I was dealing with this like if she was a friend.