Blood Crown - 16

In a swift motion my blindfold was pulled off and I gasped loudly, this was magnificent, this couldn't be real.

The waves crashed against the sand, the edges of the waves left a glowing blue light on the sand which lit up the entire atmosphere. I looked around seeing a small gazebo on the side with Christmas light all around it, inside had a table set for two with food in trays. Tears gathered in my eyes as I took in this entire scene not wanting to ever forget it, this place truly looked like something you would see on a wallpaper. I turned to Kade who was behind me with a smile, I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding, fuck this man was un-fucking-real.

I inconspicuously pinched my arms hard to see if this was a dream and luckily it wasn't.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him with raw emotion, pouring how grateful and happy I was to have him in my life. He kissed me back with just the same amount of emotion, blowing me away.

"Thank you, thank you so fucking much, this is" I paused not knowing how to describe this or the feelings that consumed me, Kade grinned and pecked my lips sweetly.

"Don't thank me baby, I would do anything to see you smile and feel the way you are right now," he said with a smile, his arms were still around my waist and mine were linked around his neck.

"Now come with me" he said, he took my hand and tugged me to the gazebo, I chuckled and followed closely behind him enjoying the cooling sea breeze filter through my hair.

"This is gorgeous, you did all this?" I asked as we reached the table, I sat at one end of the cute small table and he sat on the other end.

"I made the food and set it up, I just had the boys lay it out before we arrived," he answered with a smirk, I let out a breath and smiled looking down at the delicious food. There was lasagna, macaroni pie, apple pie, turkey and a bottle of wine.

"This is amazing Kade, I love it" I said quietly looking up at him, he grinned and nodded.

"I'm happy you do" he replied, he took out a bit of everything for the both of us and we began eating, God this food was amazing.

"So, now you need to keep your end of the bargain, what's the meetings about?" I asked, I loved everything and I didn't want to kill the mood but I really did need to know what was stressing him out, Kade sighed and placed his fork down before replying.

"There is a war about to happen on the daemonium et angelis realm" he said cutting right to the chase, I frowned and nodded not really knowing where this was going, well I had an idea I just hoped I was wrong.

"Baby, we are being called to go" he said quietly gauging my reaction, at first I was stunned then angry.

I just got him, I can't lose him! Not now or ever for that matter.

Pure, raw emotion burst through me and I was left speechless, in the end tears just streamed down my face, I quickly wiped them away and looked up at him, Kade looked broken, he looked like he was keeping this away from me for a while and now that he's said it aloud, it had become a real thing.

"What's going to happen?" I asked quietly trying to gather my thoughts and get a grip on myself quickly, Kade sighed again and cradled his head in the palms of both his hands, propping his elbows on the table.

"My sister, brothers and I are going to be leaving to their realm to help with negotiations and if the time comes we will fight" he said, I looked at him through teary eyes.

He was going to have to fight against angels, how the fuck was I supposed to feel?

"How long will you be gone?" I asked the dreaded question, Kade looked at me sadly.