Blood Crown - 42

Liana's POV

To say I was nervous was an understatement, my heart was racing and I felt about ready to faint. Lucifer squeezed my hand in his reassuringly and I smiled before we walked into the throne room where my father sat on his over dramatic throne and my mother stood before him, they looked like they were engaged in a conversation but stopped and turned to us as we emerged into the room. Kristiana was stood in the corner along with Cole and Christian, their parents, my in-laws, were also there lined up.

The tension laced in the air was enough to suffocate me but I took a deep breath and cleared my head.

"Lucifer" my mother spat in greeting, Lucifer smirked and nodded in her direction.

"El" he replied smugly.

"Daughter" she said to me with a black stare, I returned her blank gaze and tilted my head.

"Enough of the formalities, what is the meaning of this!?" Dragon all but growled as he stood up and glared at El.

"I was summoned by my daughter as I told you" El replied in a strong voice, I nearly choked on my own spit but I regained my composure before anyone could see and smiled at her.

"Is this true?" Dragon demanded as he faced me, I smirked and nodded.

"It is, I've decided to help you father. My mother has crossed me one too many times and to be frank I am fed up of it" I said confidently, Dragon seemed perplexed and El acted the role of a confused, evil mother good enough.

"Why would you help me? I've taken your husband-"

"As you can tell father, I was never truly in love with him. It was always and will always be Lucifer, though it took me some time to realise this" I said in a strong voice, the lie tasted bitter on my tongue but I held up Lucifer and I's intertwined hands as proof. Kaden's family looked appalled but that was good, at least it was convincing.

"Are you telling the truth child" Dragon muttered with a smirk as he folded his arms.

"I have no reason to waste anymore time, why the hell would I lie?" I replied annoyed.

"Well I suppose I could just give the order to kill Kaden then" he said with a smirk.

He was bluffing… he had to be.

"Go ahead" I replied, Lucifer squeezed my hand and I didn't know if it was in warning or not.

"Very well" Dragon said before he clapped his hands together "Cassius, bring Kaden here immediately" he ordered before a portal was made above the throne room and an unconscious Kaden was dropped down onto the tiles cracking it in two. I bit my tongue to hold in the tears and gasp that was trapped in my throat.

My husband was covered in blood, gaping wounds and scars, his family screamed and all raced forward to him but were restrained by the guards. 

"You fucking bitch! How could you do this to my brother? You wretched whore!" Cole screamed at me as tears streamed down all of their faces, I calmed my racing and broken heart and forced my face to remain passive. 

Kaden, hold on baby…

"Well you certainly seem to not care" Dragon said with a smile as he approached Kaden's sleeping figure on the ground. I squeezed Lucifer's hand while trying to calm myself down, I felt his bones snap but he remained unmoving, my emotions were bubbling and I was struggling to appear controlled.

"I wonder how you would react if I did this" Dragon said before he gripped Kaden's arm and pulled him up, Kaden's eyes opened and blazed red as he snarled and looked up at Dragon murderously, his gaze travelled to me and they softened, tears welled in my eyes but I blinked them back…