Blood Crown - 4

(A/N): Picture of Evangelina.

Evangelina POV

As I finished up taking a shower, I let my thoughts drift to the incredibly sexy hunk of vampire outside who I apparently need to marry and rule the vampire kingdom alongside.

I can't lie to myself, I'm scared shitless but I'm trying to hold it together. When I knocked out I saw everything, I practically saw creation and it was utterly beautiful. I did have a lot of questions that needed answers if I was going to cooperate, I planned on having a serious discussion with him after I took this well needed shower.

I finished and saw a toothbrush on the medicine cabinet sealed so I decided to use it before brushing my wet long brown hair.

When I finished I stared at my reflection wondering how my life just completely changed, everything is different and I can't help but want my mundane, stupid, work filled life back even though I tried so hard to escape it. I exited the bathroom and found this nameless prince lounging on his bed while watching TV. I felt as if my breath literally got knocked out of me, he was insanely attractive, unrealistically attractive, I didn't even know how I was meant to properly function while in the same breathing space as him.

"You don't need to just stand there you know, you can sit and watch TV with me" his melodic voice said pulling me out of my drifting fantasies, I smiled embarrassed that I was just standing there gaping and walked to his bed.
"So I have questions" I stated once I had sat down gaining his attention, he raised a brow at me.

"That I'm sure you do, ask away" he responded smiling reassuringly in my direction.

"Okay well first, what's your name?" I asked feeling dumb that I was supposedly marrying a man I didn't even know, he chuckled a little.

"Kaden Christabello" he replied with a smile, Christabello? that's unique
"Nice, well you already know mine, I'm Evangelina Roselina" I said with a smile.
"So next one, will I ever be able to go back home? Do I even have the option to say no to this and leave?" I asked hoping to God I was able to leave, I know I'm not queen material, hell, I didn't even know any of this existed up until a few hours ago.

Kaden sighed sadly and looked away "I'm sorry, but as for now I can't say whether you will be able to visit the human realm but in time you will be able to and this responsibility which is practically being forced upon you is genetically yours to begin with seeing as you are of the bloodline and your soul recognizes this kingdom as its people as your own" he finished looking at me with an apologetic expression, I looked away feeling slightly depressed.

"Kaden, I don't know if I can do this. I never in my twenty-six years of life thought I would ever have to be a queen of a kingdom I knew nothing of, I'm not even a vampire" I replied dejectedly.

"Look you will be great, I have faith in you and I know you will be what the people need. Just believe in yourself a bit more and Evangelina you have to be a vampire or at least have vampire blood in you, for you to even enter this realm" Kaden said seriously, while I looked flustered what does he mean I'm a freaking vampire! I've never drank blood! I went to church and garlic doesn't affect me! Neither does sunlight...

"Um I can't be a vampire Kaden, I've been a regular human my entire life" I spoke confused and curious as to if I was.

"Okay let's just change the topic for a little and talk about this some other time, so tell me about yourself" he replied trying to redirect the conversation which I was thankful for.

"Well I lived a pretty much normal, bland life, I was a nerd throughout high school but completed it successfully. I never had any boyfriends back then just my best friend Daniel who I miss like hell" I paused looking down "then my parents were rarely around, they were always working and barely had any time for me which I didn't really mind. My sister and I were never close" I rambled on looking up at Kaden who laid down, actually looking interested in my boring life, he urged me to go on and I chuckled "after high school I went to university and got my degree then I started working as a wedding planner" I looked at him and could tell he had questions.