Blood Crown - 40

Lucifer's POV

As I held Liana in my arms, with her blood coating my hand and her angelic eyes closed, I realised that nothing in my existence mattered other than her. I loved her. I needed her. And so help anyone that pried her away from me, I didn't care if I only had her as a friend, enemy or acquaintance just as long as she was standing, breathing and physically with me. 

The pain I felt ripping through my being, was worse than a million demons clawing and tearing me apart, that I could take, that I have taken, but this emotional fuck fest inside of me I couldn't. 

I couldn't remember the last time I cried, or if I ever did, all I knew was that my face was drenched in salty tears and they were never ending-

I broke out from my mental torment with gasping and coughing behind me.

Oh yeah, that dead queen standing, I will kill her in the most brutal, painful and torturous way ever-

"She is not dead Lucifer" she gasped before coughing again, I definitely did a number on that bitch, her words slowly seeped in, I remained staring at the love of my life while speaking to Cleo.

"What do you mean?" I asked roughly, my eyes never faltered from her face

"I mean, she needs to face death, battle through it and if she is strong enough her powers will return, it's the only way to get the seal to break-"

"And what if she isn't strong enough?" I asked softly as tears cascaded down my cheeks again.

"She will die-"

"Then why the fuck didn't you tell us that before!?" I roared before picking Liana up and walking as strongly as I could with my knees feeling to buckle beneath me, I placed her on the bed and convinced myself she was just sleeping.

"She was so determined to get Kaden, and he is my son, I know this is the only way to get him back" Cleo's voice quivered as she spoke, my back was turned to her and I knew I couldn't look at her right now because the amount of rage I felt towards that sorry excuse of a witch was consuming and I would kill her.

Instead, I ignored her altogether, I knew Liana wouldn't want me to kill her and she was Kaden's mom, through my rage I promised myself that if I never saw Liana's eyes again, then and only then would I kill Cleo.

I walked past her whimpering body sitting on the ground, straight to the bathroom where I soaked a towel and brought a bowl with water to the bed. 

Liana was okay, she will be okay, she was the strongest person I knew, she will be fine. 

I repeated that in my head while wiping off the blood from her stomach, the wound was still gory and opened, but thankfully, no blood was gushing out, I wiped all the blood off until the bowl looked as if it was filled with blood. I removed the bloody robe and tossed it aside before I walked back to the closet and got one of my shirts to change her into. Finally, I looked up at her face and had to force myself not to cry, she looked pale and her skin looked and felt cold.

My heart pounded and fear, pain and depression crippled me. I took a deep breath and lifted her lifeless, naked body in my arms before pulling the shirt over her head and fixing it so that her body was covered, I adjusted the sheets over her so she would be warm when she woke up, because she will wake up and finally turned to Cleo.

"How long until she gets up?" I asked in a monotone voice, I felt drained and blood hungry at the same time, it was an odd combination but the reason for my turmoil was my love, Liana, who was currently laying, unbreathing on the bed.

"It should be within the next few hours." she said looking into the darkness in despair, how dare she feel any remorse! She fucking did this! She took my Liana away from me!