Blood Crown - 14

Evangelina POV

I clumsily stepped into our room, swaying slightly. After the beautiful speech, Kade and I, as well as everyone else, partied and I definitely had a little too much champagne.

"You okay honey?" Kade asked while laughing as he held me in his arms, I giggled erratically and held my arms up to him.

"Up!" I demanded with a grin, Kade chuckled and shook his head before swiftly lifting me in his arms bridal style.

"Oh look at us, we skipped the whole wedding" I slurred while laughing, Kade smirked and kissed my cheek.

"I told you to go easy on the champagne darling, now look at you" he said with a laugh as he stepped into the room, I was about to tell him that I could handle myself but I heard my stomach growl and pouted.

"I'm hungry! Carry me to the kitchen please! my knight in shining armour" I replied with a giggle, Kade looked down at me with an amused expression.

"Don't you want to change first?"

"Nope! Please can we get food" I asked with a small pout and my best puppy dog eyes, I'm sure I looked like and unattractive Bambi caught in headlights.

"Baby, there is no need for that face, just ask and I'll deliver" he replied with a smile as he turned with me still in his arms walking down the stairs to the kitchen, all the while I just stared at this magnificent creature holding me like I weighed nothing.

"Well, I am asking for you to have sex with me" I hiccuped "l-like right now!" I said with a grin, Kaden propped a brow at me and shook his head with a smirk.

"I'd rather do that when you are actually aware of what's going on baby" he said, I felt my mouth open and I'm sure I was drooling as I stared at him, he was so fucking sexy!

"You're beautiful" I whispered, Kade chuckled.

"Thank you darling, but you are the beautiful one" he said as he pecked my lips "now what do you want to eat?" He asked as we reached the kitchen, I shrugged not actually thinking I'd get this far.

"What are we?" I blurted before I could think about my question, it was lingering on my mind for a bit and I wanted to know, with the alcohol still very much in my system I didn't care about my boldness. Kade froze with me in his arms and placed me on one of the stools which I struggled to get on but eventually did.

"That's a question that I'm sure makes a lot of human men run to the hills" he replied with a small smile before sitting next to me on the stool, he looked down, deep in thought then after a while he stared back at me and propping his head on his hand.

"Look, Lina, I don't know what we are. I do know that we are engaged and before I didn't want to be but now, I can't think of anyone else that I wish to share this commitment with or my kingdom with" he said quietly, even in my state of drunkenness I could hear the sincerity in his voice and it warmed my heart, I grinned feeling elated as his words set in.

"I know you may not remember this conversation but I hope you do" he added with a smile, I shook my head rapidly.

"I will! I promise" I rushed out like a child being told 'no' Kade laughed heartily.

"Does that mean you're my boyfriend?" I asked excitedly, the idea of me having a boyfriend who looked like that was...

I didn't even have the words to describe how impossible the idea still seemed in my head.

"Darling, I think we skipped that phase, I'm your fiance" he replied with a smile, he placed his hand over mine which was on the table, I felt the warmth automatically envelope me and felt happiness.