Chapter 19

Katsuki was gone seeing his mom for the day. They had a weird closeness despite acting like they hated each other. Half the things he said to her would have gotten me in so much trouble. Neither of us had told our parents anything yet because we weren't sure how they would act and I truly believed that the only teacher who knew besides All Might was Midnight. That was only because she said we had sexual tension. Midnight had also mentioned that it was worse than the tension I apparently had with Shoto.
I was sitting in my room trying to figure out a gift for Tokoyami as his birthday was coming up soon. I wondered what he would like. He was a pretty mysterious person who liked to keep to himself unless he was in a particular mood to socialize.
Maybe a nice journal to write in would do? If I found out what things he liked I could get one with a design on it. If I knew what music he liked I could get him a CD. That seemed to common though. Then it hit me. He was into darker things. Maybe some tarot cards or a book on the occult would work. If he didn't like the gift he could just refuse and I could give the cards to Mina. She seemed like the type of person who would do card readings as a party trick. Fumikage Tokoyami, on the other hand, seemed to be one to use the cards as they were meant to be used. How could I get them though?
I scrolled through my phone slowly looking for anything that made sense on that topic. There was a store not too far from here that specialized in that sort of thing. Within walking distance actually. About 30 minutes of walking wouldn't be too bad if I had someone to go with. Maybe I could get a group of people to walk with me. I jumped to my feet and laced my shoes quickly. Surely there would be someone who wasn't too busy to go with me.

"Hey, Jiro? Are you busy?" I rubbed the back of my neck trying not to make too much eye contact with the group of girls that sat in a half-circle with controllers in their hands.
She glanced up to me and popped her gum "What's up Midoriya?"
Mina kicked her legs behind her watching the screen as the other four girls battled on Smash Bros.
"Well, Monday is Tokoyami's birthday. I want to go to this store and get him a gift. I just figured I'd ask if you wanted to come with me. The store just seems a bit up your alley..." I scrolled through my phone to get back to the stores' website to show her.
The Witches Broom.
She looked at the name and a small chuckle escaped her mouth "a magic store? Sure I bet they have some creepy stuff I can use to freak out Yuga!"
"Why do you wanna scare Aoyama?" Ochaco asked quietly then stuck her tongue out slightly in concentration
"He made fun of a song I was listening to the other day. Well, he said it was way too girly for me and I want to get him back."
"Ooh, a witches store! I bet they've got all kinds of cool things!" Mina bounced in excitement "can I come!" She almost squealed
After a small laugh, I replied "Sure maybe you can help me with the gift. You guys have weird conversations a lot when he wants to socialize."
Jiro looked over to the other three girls. "You guys coming?"
Tsu shook her head. "I don't really believe in all that stuff. Going for a nice walk sounds good but I don't really want to go. I'd rather read a book or play a game."
Ochaco pushed her fingers together nervously "I kind of think that kind of stuff should be left alone. I don't really want things I can't see to attack me." Suddenly she was being pushed down by Toru.
"I can see you though!"
"Only because I'm wearing clothes!" I assumed Hagakure was pouting by the tone of her voice.
This caused the other girls to start laughing.
"So Toru. You in?"
"Nah I think I'll stay here this time. My legs are sore from yesterday's training session with Aizawa." Her bracelet moved up and down what I thought to be her leg. She must have been rubbing it because of soreness.
"Well, Midoriya you've got Mina and I to walk with you." Jiro stood and looked at Ochaco. "Better freshen up on those fighting skills because I'm going to destroy you when I get back!" She pointed in her face and it was safe to assume that she was talking about video games.
"Me freshen up? I think its Toru that needs to."
"What? It's not like I was in last place. I got third..."
A loud clash of laughs erupted from the group.
"Yeah, when the computer was in last place!" Mina basically squealed in laughter while getting up.