The assassin

Jordan's POV:

After about half an hour, I started to see a faint silhouette of what seemed to resemble a mountain, and my heart skipped a few beats. After ten days, land, finally! I got closer, and my smile dropped as I realised it was only a small island, with one small tree in the corner. Wilson however was ecstatic, and squeaked in delight while doing flips in the water.

I docked my boat, and collapsed onto land, having lost all feeling in my legs. I looked around, and didn't see any sign of a code, and wondered if Wilson got the places wrong. Wilson sat with his smiling face barely above the water, waiting for me to find what it was I was supposed to find. I noticed that every few seconds his gaze diverted upwards, and I followed his eyes. I gasped; high HIGH above me was a small platform made of coloured glass. Spiderwebs decked the underside of it, and it had to be about 100 metres above me.

Well, time to get some sand. I grabbed my diamond shovel from my bag, which I had made accidentally when trying to make an axe. Turns out it did come in handy. I wandered to the waters edge, and took a deep breath in, before diving down. Water immediately enveloped my body, and wrapped itself around every limb and in every crevice. The water was cold, and stuck to my skin like dry ice. It burned my skin, and stung every time I moved. I gritted my teeth through the pain, and swam to the bottom. I started to dig up some sand, and held it against my chest. I came up for air every thirty seconds, and dumped my sand on the beach. I did this for half an hour, until I had enough sand. I was exhausted. I smelted the sand into glass, and started making a tower. Finally I reached the top, and jumped onto the platform.

On top of the floating platform laid a single oak wood sign, and on it, five numbers: 6 7 2 9 4. I quickly grabbed a pen from my pocket and wrote down the numbers. It must be the code for the safe, which should've opened up five days ago. I really hope no one has found it and broken into it. I made my way back down and grabbed my things. Just before I was about to get in my boat and head home, I heard a shuffling sound from behind me, and I turned.
Nothing was there. I turned back around, and received a hard punch in the face as a result. I heard a crunching sound as fist met nose, and collapsed backwards from the impact.

I clutched my nose, and from feeling it, I could tell it was broken. I wiped my nose and saw lots of blood on my hand. I wiped it away from my nose with my sleeve and looked at my attacker. My eyes met his and I froze.......

It was Tom..........

Hey guys! Hope you enjoyed the chapter and sorry it's so short! I'll upload on Monday!
Bye!