Chapter 30

***

***

2 years later...

"Sir are you sure we're going to take this route?" Mirae ask once she realizes they're going for the long way.

"Yes Mirae," Jin answers her with boredness in his voice.

Mirae looked at the rearview to check Jin's facial expression only to be met by pure boredom in his eyes.

"Look out!" Jin yelled when he saw a child run accross the road.

Mirae immediately steps om the brakes. Her seatbelt restraining her from hitting her head on the steering wheel. Jin on the other hand quickly opens the car door and runs to where the child is.

The child is onky 10 inches away from the car. Shock is evident in her face and Jin's mortified face softens as the child looks up to him waiting for him to talk.

"Ajusshi, you should ask if I'm okay," the child speaks with clarity and sassiness.

Jin snaps out of his motification as he takes in the child's appearance. He kneels infront of her and inspects the child while Mirae exits the car with a pounding heart.

"Oh my god, is she okay?" she asks Jin.

"Are you okay?" Jin repeats the question to the child.

He looks around to see if any of her guardian is near but no one is.

"I'm okay ajusshi," her head tilts cutely to the side as she loiks intently into Jin's eyes.

"You don't look shabby," she obnoxiously commented making Jin snort.

"You think so?" he asks the child.

She nods and pokes his nose.

"Where's your mommy?" he ask the child.