Chapter 9

***

***

Mirae catches her breath as she runs to her boss' house. She's not late by any means but she knows Jin's tone when he wants something done faster than a lightning bolt. She stops in front of their house and fixed her outfit before entering.

The maids greeted her and she was surprised to see Alex waiting in the living room.

"Good morning Alex," she greeted making Alex turn to her direction.

"Good morning Mirae. Why are you here early in the morning?" he asked the girl.

Mirae released a heavy sigh and frowned.

"Sir Jin have been easily agitated these past days and now, he wants me to bring these here," she said gesturing to the bouquet and the present she has been going back and forth with with a perfume a while back.

Alex nodded in understanding and his brow raised.

"Sir Jin never bought her gift before," he tilted his head trying to think of something that might change his way of thinking.

"I know, it's really unlikely of him," she answered.

Alex narrowed his eyes and pursed his lips.

"Off you go then," Alex nodded.

Mirae bowed to him but halted when Jin is descending the stairs with a murderous look on his face.

Mirae greeted him but he didn't even spared her a glance and just walked straight to leave the house.

"Sir—" Mirae was cut off when Alex held her forearm making her look at him.

"Keep distance if you wanna keep your job. He might fire just because he's mad," Alex reminded her.

"Yeah, you're right," she said placing the bouquet and the present on the center table.

Sge left and followed her boss to their office with a wasted effort and energy.

Jin was upset because instead of him having the chance to surprise Heiran, Jimin and Jungkook decided to show up early in the morning in her room surprising her.

Jungkook threw him a glare on his way down making him even more annoyed. Jungkook never really wanted Jin. He hated Jin once he heard how he speaks with his sister and he hated it.

Heiran was so surprised and was so happy at Jungkook's surprise appearance. She though he would stay a lot longer in America but here he is standing in front of her holding a guitar singing Happy Birthday to her. Jimin is by his side holding the cake while singing in unison with their youngest sibling.

Jimim and Jungkook has a wide smile.om their faces and they knew they really surprised her.

"Happy birthday to youuuuuuu!!!!" they both ended the song with a scream making Heiran laugh at their childishness.

"You came!" Heiran exclaimed and they both wait for her to blow the candles.

After she did, they hugged her and now, she feels that her birthday is completed even though it's the following day already.

"We're sorry that this celebration is late noona, I hope we can make up for it today," Jimin said to his sister.

"It's fine Chim, as long as you're both here," she said gesturing to both of them.

"Come here Kookie, I missed you," Heiran cooed at their youngest.

"Noona, I'm not a baby anymore," Jungkook whined.

"Shut it, just come here," Heiran snapped at him making him chuckle in delight and hug his sister back.

"How's the tour?" I asked him.

"It could've been better if any of you came," he pouted, dismay evident in his voice.

"Come on, you still have your encore here in Seoul. We'll gladly come," Jimin smiled, patting his brother's back.

His face lits up and picks the strawberry from the cake before shoving it in Heiran's mouth.

They all laughed at that and the whole day was filled with happiness by them. Heiran decided to call the day off and cancelled all her meetings. They all decided to pay a visit to their father.

--

After their lunch together, Heiran decided to stay and have tea with her father. She misses him and she knows how he can put her messed up mind at ease.

Jimin and Jungkook both went their separate ways. Jungkook is waiting for Minjae in her unit. Minjae is his ex girlfriend and although they've separated a year ago, Jungkook never stopped loving her. He's been sitting here in her sofa for almost thirty minutes. He's waiting her come he from her training. She's been training for 3 years now to be an idol and although they've broke up, she never changed the password just because she thought Jungkook never cared.

But now, here he is sitting in her sofa waiting for her.

Jungkook's head snap at the direction of the door when he heard someone entering the passcode. The beeping sound makes it hard for him not to feel nervous.

Once the door opened, he saw Minjae enter. She's holding a grocery bag and her gym bag. Once their eyes met, shock is evident in her eyes.

"Kook? What are you doing here?" she asked him incredulously.

She's afraid her management might learn that Jungkook is in her apartment.

Jungkook stood up and neared her.

Instead of answering, he hugged her tightly and disregarded her question.

She pushed Jungkook away and placed the grocery bag on the floor.

She looked at Jungkook with disbelief and bit her lower lip.

"I don't want you here Jungkook, you promised me not to come any longer," she said, her voice hard.

Jungkook was the one who broke up with her because of his pride and now he's here ready to ask for forgiveness but it seems like Minjae has already made up her mind.

"I'm so sorry Minjae, I know I fucked up and I'm here to try and fix things," he pleaded.

Minjae looked at him with disbelief and smiled like a Cheshire cat.

"Quit it Kook, I'm not an idiot anymore," she said pulling Jungkook's hand to lead her to the door.

"Please, please listen to me," Jungkook continued to plead but because of Minjae's anger, she was able to push Jungkook out of her unit and shut the door in his face.

•••