Chapter 30

I got out of the mansion and into the forest. He has to be here somewhere.

∆WARNING∆ Angst

Your POV

I'm walking around the courtyard, looking for something to do. Suddenly... I get this weird feeling.

Something doesn't feel right.

Misaki POV

I hear the bushes moving. (Y/N)? I get closer to the bush,

But it's not him.

A creature with only skin, sharp teeth, and bug-like eyes come out. I step back. This isn't (y/n). I'm in danger. This is... What did (y/n) say...?

The rake.

I back away as it makes weird noises. I need to run. I start running but it claws my leg. I fall to the ground and look at it. From my knee down was a giant cut. It hurts so much. I'm going to die.

I try to get up, but I can't. I fall to the ground, crying hard. I'm scared. I'm going to die. I want (y/n). Please help me, (y/n). Save me.

I hear noises. Like cracking. Then screaming. I'm put in someone's lap, but I can't see who it is. "Misaki, Misaki! Don't go! Don't go to sleep! I'm going to get you help!" They cried, but I was more worried about how cold it is. Their warm tears fell on my face, but I just wanted to go to sleep.

I feel like I'm being carried, and something is wrapped around my big cut. I look up, but it's blurry, and it keeps getting darker. I'm so tired, but I'm not supposed to go to sleep. Can't I just rest my eyes a little bit? Yeah, I'll just take a nap.

Your POV

I burst through the mansion doors. Misaki. Please be okay. Dr. Smiley takes Misaki from my arms and goes to the infirmary. Please be okay. Please be okay.

------

I've been pacing around for a few minutes before Dr. Smiley comes out. "I'm... So sorry." He says quietly.

No. No. No. No. No. No.

This isn't real. I run in and look at Misaki. He was still and cold. I shake my head. I gently put my head on his fragile chest.

Nothing.

His chest never softly rose and fell, there was never a beat where his heart was. It was as quiet as a blank room. I burst into tears, screaming Misaki's name. "This is fake, you can't be dead. You haven't even grown up yet!" I sobbed. He was only seven. He had so much ahead of him. I touch foreheads with Misaki's cold one. "I'll find a way to get you back Misaki." I said, choking.

"You can't bring back the dead." Dr. Smiley told me, rubbing my back. "Yes, I can! I'll figure it out!" I sobbed.

I gently ran my fingers over his stitches.

This was done by the Rake. I'll make sure to make him suffer.

**
I wouldn't allow anyone to take Misaki from me. I laid him in a glass case that stood him up like a doll. I had cleaned him up before putting him in the case, so he was nice a pretty when he came back to my world. There's got to be a way to bring you back, and I'll find that way. I'll never give up, Misaki.

I promise.