~CHAPTER 23~

~Flynn~

I wasn't even with my friends for 10 minutes before Maui comes along and drags Eret and I away, saying something along the lines of needing help, but leaving quick enough for the others not to really question it. I wouldn't have minded so much if it wasn't for the fact that I was eagerly waiting for Rapunzel. She...she's really grown on me. I've known her since 9th grade, when she first arrived, and we've hung out many times before because of her quick friendship with Jack, my main bro, but we've never really been close. Not as much as we have this year. This year we have had more one on one time than we ever had in the past, and I regret not getting to know her better in the past.

It's because in the past we didn't have that many classes together. We also didn't sit close enough to talk to each other during the classes we did have. There's also the fact that I was way more busy back then with my "work" than I am now because I had to prove myself a lot to my superiors. Oh yeah there was also a time where I thought she and Jack had a thing for each other, along with her hanging out with her girl friends during lunch. Even though she became quick friends with Jack before any other boy, he has never sat with her or Tooth before during lunch because it's easier for the boys to sit with the boys and the girls with the girls.

That changed when Elsa came. I guess I have her to thank. If it wasn't for Elsa, Jack wouldn't have decided to combine the boys with the girls so he could get closer to her, and I wouldn't have gotten closer to my own blinding ray of sunshine.

Who I don't deserve in my life.

I don't deserve any of my friends. I don't deserve Mildred. I don't deserve to know those wonderful children at the orphanage. Now Hattie....yeah I deserve that bitch. She hates my guts and the feeling is mutual. Definitely not going to miss her after I graduate and get kicked out of the orphanage. But everyone else...it's going to be hard. I might just die.

Woe is me.

"Okay," says Eret when we're out of the party room and in the hall, "Where the hell are you taking us, Maui?"

"Yeah, I'm waiting for someone," I agree with my sorta friend. Eret and I are really cool bros, but we're not afraid to beat each other up too. I'm still mad about him fucking up my face when he attacked me during lunch awhile ago.

Did I deserve it for lying to him knowing damn well he wasn't going to believe me? Yeah, but still. No need to get violent. He knows how the Stabbington Brothers get. He works for them too. I was just doing my job, searching for anything valuable from a famous poacher, aka Eret's dad Drago. They and some guy named Grimmel are well known for hunting wolves and bears and foxes and selling their fur. It's sad really.

Eret had called me a dumbass for listening to them, saying something along the lines of "My dad will fuck you up worse then the twins", which honestly I don't believe. Drago likes making others do the work for him, like his son. Because while the two of them are great at poaching, they're even better at smuggling and selling drugs. Well, Eret is at least. Like I said, Drago has others do the dirty work and that includes his son.

Luckily for Eret, he's not alone. He has me. His only real friend in the business who looks out for him every chance I get. I have his back and he has mine. When he needs help selling drugs, I'm there. When I need help stealing shit, he's there. We know what honor and loyalty is.

Are we proud of what we do? No, but it helps us get by. All of the money I get goes to the orphanage as anonymous donations, and Eret uses his share to give to his dad so he doesn't get abused, which happened a lot in the past.

And Maui? Well he used to live that life. We worked with him.

But that changed when Moana found him when she was 14.