~CHAPTER 59~

~3rd Person~

The Corona Christmas Eve Party was a huge success. The guests had left in merry delight, returning to their homes for sleep, though many found it hard, too excited to slumber. Such as Rapunzel and Anna, the two most bubbly people. Even Astrid found herself unable to shut off her brain. How could she when her crush is now her boyfriend and lives right across from her?

Astrid was tempted to sneak over there or text Hiccup to sneak over there to her, but she didn't. She needs to go to sleep and if she were with Hiccup, they certainly wouldn't be getting any rest. They would be talking and kissing all night long.

Rapunzel and Anna and Elsa wish they could do the same. Parting with their boyfriends was the worst part of the night, but Flynn, Kristoff, and Jack promised they would see them at some point in the day after the family get-togethers.

This is where Astrid is the fortunate one because she'll get to be with her boyfriend on Christmas. Anna had made a comment about it, being playful, but also just a tad bit jealous. And poor Merida was still getting accustomed to her cousin being called her best friend's boyfriend. She knows it's not gonna take more than a few hours to get used to Hiccup's new title, but she's not sure if it's something she'll ever fully grasp, even if they've been together for years.

And Tooth, while she has officially moved on from Jack and is entirely happy for Hiccstrid, she found herself a little bit sad. There's now a new couple in the group. Tooth wants a boyfriend so bad. She wants love. She fears she might become the next Anna, all love obsessed and whatnot, if she doesn't get it. But hey, it worked out for her strawberry haired friend. Even though technically Anna and Kristoff aren't labeled. While Tooth would never admit it, she finds that rather silly. They're soul mates. They're boyfriend and girlfriend whether they want to accept those titles or not. But yes, she was secretly sad, while also being secretly relieved that she's not the only single girl in the group. Astrid getting into a relationship with Hiccup (or in general) was not what she was expecting to happen that Christmas Eve night. Or at all.

But it's comforting knowing that Merida and Moana will be single along with her. And if Moana ends up finding someone, Tooth knows for sure she can rely on Merida. There's five months left of the school year for Tooth until she graduates, so surely there's no way Merida would find someone and fall for them that quickly. Moana, maybe, but not Merida. Unlike the other girls, it will probably take Merida years to realize she's in love with someone. She's stubborn as hell.

But the Christmas dinner at Merida's place made Merida grateful that she was single. She doesn't think she could handle her family being embarrassing and turning a relationship into such a big deal. Hiccup's dad was the happiest of all upon hearing the news about his son getting a girlfriend, and not just any girlfriend but the Astrid Hofferson. His coworker's (Tamora) and his best friend's (Gobber) niece. Astrid was already family in Stoick's eyes due to her being Gobber's niece, Gobber who is like a brother to him. And while Astrid's aunt wasn't there, Stoick made sure to make a comment about letting her know so they could start wedding planning, and of course Merida's mom wanted in on it too, feeling that she was more qualified to plan a wedding. Which then got Gobber to comment that he thinks he's more qualified, which then sent Elinor and him into a back and forth loop on the best flowers and venues and foods to have and blah blah blah.

And while Hiccstrid sat in their seats embarrassed beyond all the realms, Merida sat next to them smug as could be. "You probably should have kept your relationship a secret so you could have avoided all this. Or ya know, remained single like me." Astrid had merely flipped her off, while Hiccup shook his head.

At the Corona's, wedding planning wasn't something that was brought up at all. Frederick pestered his daughter and nieces about their boyfriends, in which Anna had to explain her situation, which merely confused the old man. He pestered his daughter the most, of course. Rapunzel could have sworn that all the hair on her head was falling out with how much he kept asking questions about Flynn. She's done really well at keeping his secrets, especially the one about Hans, but even though she's proven to herself that she won't slip up, there's still a little part of her that's afraid. Accidents happen, after all. But Flynn's life and freedom is on the line. She can't risk an accidental slip up happening ever. It has been stressing her out ever since she found out, but quite a bit of time has passed, and she's kept his secretly wonderfully locked away. She's proud of herself, but also, guilt-ridden.

Elsa and Anna deserve to know the truth, Rapunzel knows this, but Rapunzel will not risk losing Flynn. What they don't know won't hurt. It won't hurt anyone. It hurts to keep it from them, but losing Flynn will hurt more. Her father already doesn't like him. If he found out that Flynn is a criminal, Flynn will get negative a trillion brownie points. He won't get an approval EVER! For the rest of time. She wants her dad to like him, and he certainly never will if he found out. So he won't. Rapunzel isn't a bad person, she tries her best to believe this, and she knows Flynn isn't a bad person either. He just...had to do what he had to do. So she will do the same.

Relationships and friendships are wonderful things to have, but they can have their hard times too. It's not always sunshine and rainbows and happy feelings. There's going to be gray days, tears, arguments, and negative feelings. But how can one know happiness without sadness and vice versa? The negative is necessary. The negative puts you to the test.

One must choose to stay in love and make it work when times are hard.

Elsa would find that out soon.

She had a wonderful Christmas with her family, though she was missing her parents and Jack terribly, but once night came, Jack and her were reunited again with their friends, the lot of them visiting the Christmas lights downtown. They took many pictures and videos, joked and gossiped, and simply had the greatest of fun like all teenagers should do. It had made her a little emotional because she never pictured herself being surrounded by so many wonderful friends. Let alone an amazing boyfriend and a strong relationship with her sister. It was like a dream. The atmosphere was pure Christmas Magic.

The love she had for Jack and her friends and family was the most magical feeling at all. She felt as if she was living in paradise. She never wanted to wake up from the dream of bliss.

But sometimes, good things must come to an end, and once again, her once blissful reality turned back into a nightmare.