Chapter 4

Ink POV
  It's been a few weeks and Error has helped me get better in school. I promised him I'd try harder in hopes my parents would be proud to. But they weren't. It's still same old same old.
  At lunch I was reading for english and I was getting really frustrated so I threw it on the table and contemplated burning it. Error smiled at me.
  "I'm so proud of you! You've been doing so good." He said.
  That statement alone somehow made all of this worth the time and effort. My other friends sat with us.
"Hey, were ditching. You comin?" Dream asked.
"No. I have a test and Error said it's important." I replied.
"Yeah, it's fifty percent of your grade. So?" Blue asked.
"I said no."
Error just sat there looking a bit afraid to talk to them.
"Man. Ever since you became friends with newbie you've been a buzz kill. What's the point? Nothing will change. You parents will be just as bad and you'll still have the reputation as a bad kid." Lust said.
Shit. I don't know what to do. On one hand they're right. On the other... they've never bothered to care about me.
I looked at Error. He sighed and looked at me.
"I mean... it'd mean a lot to me if you stayed but I can't just tell you what to do." He said.
  I decided to stay.
  "Lame." Dream said.
  They all left and I can't say I felt bad. They do this all the time.
   Error was smiling and staring at me.
  "Stop it. I only said no because you want me to do good." I said.
  "Mhm. Whatever you say Inky." He said.
  I playfully shoved him. Later that day I went to the bar. Alone. Yay. Her boss wasn't there today so I got incredibly wasted. Not before Error texted me asking if I was ok. I told him where I was and started drinking. When I was almost passed out I saw Error come in.

Error POV
I looked for Ink and saw her at the bar. She looked almost asleep. I sighed and picked her up taking her to my house. Nobody was home yet so I assumed it was ok. I put her on my bed and she instantly fell asleep. I smiled. She's so cute asleep. Then I remembered why she fell asleep in the first place. That'll have to be what we work on next. I went downstairs and two hours later I hear my mom screaming. Looks like she went in my room. I teleported to her.
"Error baby call the police!" She said.
"Mom, no that's just Ink." I told her.
She looked a bit angry.
"Right this cannot become a regular thing." She said.
"Ok Mom." I said.
She went downstairs and I woke Ink up. She wasn't drunk which is surprising. Usually it takes a full twelve hours. Then again she has healing magic. I forgot that can help monsters sober up faster but not this fast.
"Where the hell am I?" She asked.
"My house. Also I think you should learn self control when it comes to drinking." I said.
"Ha! Good luck. I come from a long line of alcoholics. From both parents." She said rather proudly.
"That's not something to be proud of. Anyway I can ask my mom if you can stay for dinner if you want." I offered.
I'm still scared she'll just leave and not go home. She'd rather freeze and I don't know why. Didn't her parents treat her well? Or maybe it's just her being rebellious. Either way I worry she'll freeze to death.
"Eh, why not?" She answered.
I smiled and hugged her. She looked around for a bit.
"Nobody's watching." I told her.
She hugged back and kissed me. I kissed back and eventually she had me on the bed somehow. I didn't stop her until my mom called me. She rolled her eyes slightly but followed me.
"What do you need mom?" I asked politely.
"Dinner." She said.
She glared at Ink a sighed.
"If you behave you can stay. He clearly cares for you." She said.
I could tell Ink was irritated and struggling to hold back some sort of witty but crude remark.
"Yes ma'am." Was all she said.
I'm surprised. Like genuinely surprised. Usually no matter who it was (aside from me) there would be some sort of insults or fight for talking to me or her like that. I'm so proud!
My mom looked a bit shocked but had us sit down. Fresh looked at Geno. Geno looked at dad. Then all three stared at Ink.
"...the f... why are you all staring? I'm not that pretty." She said.
Holly hell she censored herself.
"Uh... why are you in my house?"
My mom kicked my dad under the table and gave him a look as if saying 'don't be rude'.
Ink probably didn't care but I did.

Ink POV
I decided to leave after that. I don't need this. I was nearly out the door when Error stopped me.
"...oh!" I said remembering something important.
I kissed his cheek but he still wouldn't let me leave.
"Please Stay..." he pleaded.
Damn these feelings. I agreed to stay for him and sat through a whole interrogation of my life. By impulse I helped his mom with cleaning. Before my brother ran away we used to clean together.
I was in the kitchen alone with her. She broke the awkward silence.
"Why do you have face paint around your left eye dear?" She asked.
"Oh, Uh... you noticed? Look, it's sweet ya wanna know but I don't even tell your son. And I trust him. That's his personal achievement it seems. Gaining my trust. It ain't easy." I answered trying to change the subject.
"I have a feeling you didn't get it from a fist fight." She said.
  Shit. I don't wanna have to explain this. She could tell Error then I'd have a whole mother mess on my hands.
  "It's ok if you want to talk. I won't tell. Something tells me behind that scary, bad girl reputation is just a scared little girl who has no idea how to cope."
  "Rude. I'm not scared of anything... except..."
  "Except loosing him?"
  I nodded. She chuckled a bit.
  "I appreciate that you've been nice for him. I'm sorry we offended you but you must understand it's only because we also love our son." She said.
  "Didn't think parents were capable of love." I muttered.
  "I heard that. Is that how you got hurt? Your parents? Since I now know the truth I don't mind you being here. Please warn us though."
  "I'll try."
  I really wouldn't. I'd just find somewhere else to go. Loud but lonely.  And that's how I liked it.