Chapter 14

Ink POV
Error and I were almost done packing for this trip. He was excited and I was kind of skeptical. I mean, I've never been outside of this damn town. Except of course to visit family in Brooklyn. I hate to say it but I'm nervous. I shouldn't be but, what If something bad happens to him? I couldn't deal with that.
  "Ink, are you ok? You're shaking an awful lot." His mother said, as I just stared at the food she made for dinner.
  I nodded and went outside. Wish I had a cigarette. But, I promised I'd stop so I gotta try. Geno sat by me.
  "Do you need to eat? I've never seen you eat." He asked.
  "Nosy much? To be honest, I do need to eat. But, it ain't worth getting back handed for." I scoffed.
  He glared at me.
  "Oh, please. You think that's threatening? Listen, seems like I'm gonna be here for a while so ya might as well get used to my boundaries."
   He sighed. I gave him a confused look.
  "Listen, I know you'd never... hurt my brother but... let's get one thing clear." He said.
  "Lemme guess, it's either; ya don't trust me, I don't look like I care about him, or get the fuck out of my house."
   "Um... n-no. I was... going to say that I want you to keep him safe on this trip."
  "Oh please, that's the only thing I'll be doing there. Besides, well, Y'know." I smirked.
  "You wouldn't dare!"
  "If he's ready, oh I totally would dare." I replied, walking inside.
  Fresh looked at me. Dammit, a fourteen year old is taller than me.
  "...sup?" I asked.
  "Yo." He replied.
  And then he went back to doing what he was doing. Strange kid, but he means well.
  Error was laying on the floor, doing what I can only assume is homework. So, I walked to his mom and talked with her for a while.
  I enjoy talking with his mom. She was nice, considerate, always asked me if I was uncomfortable about the topic. And told me I might have some form of separation anxiety when it comes to Error. Which is probably true but, whatever.
  Later that night I got into my pajamas and laid on the couch. Error told me to sleep with him though. I kind of thought he meant something else so I went with him. To my disappointment and delight we got into bed and he cuddled me.
  I don't wanna sound soft but, I enjoy it when he holds me close. It makes me feel so safe and— and happy.
  I wrapped my arms around his neck and he kissed my cheek very gently.
  "Are you excited?" He asked, pulling me closer if possible.
  "I mean, you'll be there so I guess. I've never flew before."
  "Me either. We always drove." He replied.
  After a while of allowing him to hold and nuzzle me I decided to try and sleep. Eventually I did and it felt so good. I hadn't slept in so long. I trust him to protect me just by holding me. I know, I'm going soft. I can't believe it.

Error POV
  Ink fell asleep in my arms. I smiled. She's so cute. Really, when you know her she's so sweet to. I checked her arms. No cuts, fading bruises. Thank the stars. I kissed her foreheadBb and went to sleep as well.

Next chapter will be backstory on Inks brother. Now if only I knew his name! Lol. I think in some it's Paint others it's Gel? Please tell me.