15; Time Alone

Next day;

I was sat in science not understanding a single word being spoken. I'm very bilingual but all these words were made up, definitely. The teacher was going on about atoms or something when the office lady asked me to get my things because I was going home. I was so confused, why would I be going home? And who came to pick me up?

I got out of the gate to see sleek black car, with tinted window, that usually means it's for me. I open the passenger door to see Nat in the drivers seat.

"Would you like to explain?" I said as I slid into the car.

"I would if I knew, your dad sent me." She sounded more serious than normal. We arrived at the compound and I looked everywhere for my dad. It was like he disappeared into thin air. After about an hour of searching I found him in the stairs holding his phone just staring at it.

"Hello?" My voice echoed in the concrete tower. I got no response so I stepped closer and put my hand on his lower arm. He placed his on top of mine signalling he knew my presence. He wrapped his arms me and kissed the top of me head.

"I'm sorry." He sounded quiet and sad. "She's gone." I knew it was my mum. My eyes filled with tears and spilt over in no time. I cried into his chest and gripped tighter. The only thing I had left was gone. I silently sobbed and wiped away my tears. "It's going to be okay, I'll make up for everything I missed and I will always be there, no matter what." But he couldn't, he couldn't take care of me, he couldn't control me he couldn't make up for everything.

"I need time alone." I pull away and make my way to my room, I had a plan, and a plan I was proud of. I would go back to the old military base, somewhere I was familiar with. Kind of.

(Just imagine it is still in use and not destroyed)•••

I woke up bright and early around had five, I knew my dad would be running and no one would be awake. I dragged my school bag into the middle of my room and packed a spare pair of clothes a toothbrush, toothpaste and a portable charger thingy. My phone slid into my pocket and I wore camo cargo trousers and army green tee shirt. I pulled on some black cop at boots and snuck into Tony's garage.

I took the keys for a vintage Land Rover and put them into ignition. I had been taught how to drive a car before and I guess Tony didn't like this car because it was close to the back of the garage. The place was like a maze but I managed to get out and on the road. I found myself getting there in an hour.

It was still in use which was nice to see but that also meant it was more difficult to get in. The entrance was a gate that you needed a key card to unlock. I scaled the wall and dodged the barb wire on the top. I secured a landing and immediately I was surrounded by people trying to get me out.

"Let go, I'm not here to hurt anyone." I scream "my mother just died and want to go through her old office."

They stepped back a few steps. "What's her name," a tall man with brown hair spoke.

"Peggy, Margaret Carter, I just want to look through her stuff."

"You will need an escort, we'll sort that out and show you the way."

I put my bag on my shoulders and ignore my ringing phone.