Chapter 15

Chapter 15🍕
(Kenzie's POV)
The next morning I rolled out of bed and trumped down the stairs into the kitchen pouring myself a bowl of cereal and turning on Netflix. I had gotten through about 4 episodes when I heard the phone ring. I lazily got up and answered.
"Hello?"
"Kenzie? Hi it's Laura, Jessica's Mother."
"Oh hey how are you?"
"I'm fine but is Jessica with you?"
My heart instantly stopped. Terrible situations came to mind. "No..." I said hesitantly, "what happened?"
"Well I went to wake her up this morning and she wasn't there. She left a note saying she was going to be gone for a week, so I just assumed.."
"Don't worry I'll find her."
"Thanks"
I hung up, picked up my cell, and dialled Jessica's number.
No answer
I kept calling her. It was about the 23rd time I had called when someone answered
"Oh my god I can't take it anymore! What!"
"Jessica?! Where are you? Your mom is worried sick."
"I'm in the car.." She said slowly.
"Going?"
"Dallas.."
My eyes got wide. She's trying to get back to Luke. "You're crazy!"
The other end was silent and I sighed. "Come pick me up thoe your not gonna know how to sneak into a show."
Jessica laughed and answered with. "On my way, love you!"
When Jessica got to my house I quietly but my bag in the trunk (didn't know how long we would be gone) and got in the car. We turned on the music and laughed for about an hour and a half before I realized something.
"Hey....doesn't it take like a day and a half to get Dallas?"
"Yes.. But if we take turns driveing straight with no stops we can make it there, get some sleep and make it to their concert."
"You're awesome" I say laughing. Just then my phone rang. It was my mom "Hello?"
"Kenzie sweetie I'm on my break where are you?"
"I'm out with Jessica, painful boy troubles. Won't be home for about 3 days. I love you."
"Oh well um okay love you to."
I hung up and put my phone on my lap.
"Who was that?"
"My mom."
"Oh."
"Well I guess I should go to sleep so I can drive through the night." I say. Laying my seat back.
"Alright night bae." Jessica said laughing.
"Just don't drive off the ride and kill us." I say turning over trying to fall asleep.