4

School had just finished and, in roughly 25 minutes Simon was going to be here to help me find a place where I can relax and block the world out.

Nathan was lucky to be going on a trip, he didn't have to sit around listening to mom beg for dads forgiveness again because we all know where she has been when she goes 'out with friends'. She doesn't have any friends though. When they found out that she had cheated on my dad they stopped talking to her and would avoid her as much as possible. I don't blame them, to be honest, I'd do the same if I didn't live in the same house as her.

"Nathan's friend is at the door." When I look up I see my father stood in the doorway with a newspaper under his arm and a mug in his hand.
"Thank you, I'll be down in a second." He nods before turning away and heading toward his study room. "Dad wait!" He stops and turns to me and I go over to him and hug him, I don't know what I would do without my dad, he means so much to me and although he makes questionable choices when it comes to forgiving mom I understand that he believes she still lives him.

As I walk down the stairs, Simon is stood in the hall picking at his fingers.
"You ready to go?" He looks up and nods as we walk out of the door, quickly shouting goodbye to my father.
"Do you want to go to the shop to get a drink and some snacks? I have money in my pocket."  Simon asks as we walk down the street in a calming silence.
"Sure, I have some money on me as well so we can get more."

We get to the shop and go straight to the fridge with all the drinks, I immediately pick up a Dr Pepper but Simon takes a while to decide before choosing to get a Cherry Coke. We go to the sweets and grab an empty bag from the pick and mix before filling it up with a variety of sweets.

5/11/19