1

Joshua Bradley
Age: 9 years

Nathan said he was bringing his friend over after school because they were supposed to be going to play football over on the park but there had been a constant rain for the last two days. I had never met this new friend before as Nathan said he was new to the area and recently transferred schools.

I tidied our shared room a little because I didn't want him to think bad about Nathan. Or me when I think about it. I know what you're most likely thinking, why is he cleaning his room: he's nine years old. Truth is, I've always been much more mature than most people expect from me. I guess it is probably because my parents were never really here to tidy the house or to look after me and Nathan.

Father was always out working and mother, she was probably in bed with whoever she saw first this morning. It's probably not the best way I could speak about mother but just because father forgives her every time she is caught doesn't mean I don't hear the arguing and the constant slamming of glasses throughout the night.

After the first incident between my parents, I began cleaning to focus on something other than them. It worked, mostly, until there was nothing to clean. So I ended up emptying the bookshelf, mixing the books, and reorganising it in size order.

By the time I had cleaned the room I heard Nathan and his friend from the window as they turned onto our driveway and headed towards the door.

18/10/19
teaser chapter because submissivezerk finally slept
this book is going to be continued when Three Stages of a Rose is completed