Chapter 35 Repay With Your Life If You Fail To Keep It Alive

After Qin Wanru made sure that Chu Liuchen was feeling alright, she lifted her head to look around and realized that he had in fact brought her to the flower patch in her own garden.

He was pointing a the tiniest pot of flower in the flower patch. However, there were neither any flower of bud growing on the plants, but only a few small, green shoots. In fact, the shoots looked a little yellow and withered and it looked as if they were going to die soon.

Looking at these young shoots with no flowers or buds, Qin Wanru’s face fell.

The finger pointing at the plant trembled a little and Qin Wanru looked to the right, then to the left, inadvertently. Only when she realized that there were no other people, she stopped looking.

How was it that this pot of plant was here? When did this pot of plant appear in the garden of the General’s Mansion? She had not discovered this pot of flower in her previous life, so why was she seeing this plant in this life? This was that person’s favorite flower, and wasn’t that person supposed to be in the capital city now?

In the previous life, Qin Wanru had not met him before she went to the capital city. All of a sudden, she felt a pain in her nose and she bit her lips to suppress an intense sadness in her heart.

Although in her previous life, she only spent a short one month’s period with that person, it was the only time she spent in the capital city she felt that heart-warming feeling. He was the only one who showed her forgiveness and kindness. However, that was not enough to change her destiny!

Could it be that many things changed due to Prince Chen’s intervention?

“Is this Tangqianyan?” Qin Wanru asked after she recovered from her such surge of emotions.

Clap! Clap! Clap! Chu Liuchen smiled as he clapped, looking impressed. “That’s correct! I didn’t expect someone living as far as Jiangzhou is able to recognize this plant. I’ve underestimated you, little girl!”

“I don’t think this pot of Tangqianyan belongs to our mansion,” Qin Wanru said impassively.

If one were to consider the climate in Jiangzhou, it was not suitable for the growth of Tangqianyan, which was why this pot of Tangqianyan appeared to be withering.

In fact, Tangqianyan is an orchid species. By right, it should be blooming in autumn but they were unable to even find any flower buds on this pot of Tangqianyan and it looked just like some weed.

If it had been trimmed properly at its stems, there would be flowers in the shape of a flying swallow blooming from its stems. A different way of trimming would bring forth a different shape and the top grade Tangqianyan would bring forth the most beautiful and elegant flowers.

“Of course it does not belong here. I was the one who brought it here!” Chu Liuchen said with pride.

“Did Your Highness actually bring this pot of flower out of the capital city?” asked a surprised Qin Wanru, blinking her eyes. It was no wonder that the plant was not looking healthy, after all it had travelled all the way to Jiangzhou and it was already lucky to have survived.

“I didn’t bring it all the way from the capital city. I actually found it here in Jiangzhou. From the look of it, I’m sure it will be very beautiful once it blooms, perhaps even more beautiful than those in the capital city!” said Chu Liuchen, as he put one arm across of his chest, and the other hand on his chin, looking like he was in a good mood.

That would depend on whether the plant could flower in the first place, Qin Wanru thought in her heart. She doubted if it would ever flower if it did not even have any buds. It was already lucky to have survived up until now.