Chapter 60 Listening While Hiding Behind the Tree, Someone Was Even More Smart

Qin Rongzhi had accompanied Qi Tianyu to Jingxin Monastery.

Initially, she was unwilling to come along but was eventually persuaded by Qi Tianyu’s sweet talking, who promised her a good time in Jingxin Monastery.

She had totally embarrassed herself in the matter concerning Qin Yuru and her. Unpleasant rumors about her were spreading like wildfire and her mother had grounded her so much so that she was not supposed to leave her house, not to mention going to the General’s Mansion.

After hearing Qi Tianyu’s words, promising her that he was able to put a good word for her Mother, Qi Rongzhi finally agreed to accompany Qi Tianyu to Jingxin Monastery.

Qi Rongzhi had totally no interest in matters concerning Buddha worship. Although she was at this moment in a Buddhist Hall, she was merely wondering around. She had no idea where Qi Tianyu had gone. They were separated the moment they arrived at Jingxin Monastery and by this time, Qi Rongzhi was overcome by boredom.

She went around the Buddha Hall and finally came out of it. She did not want to enter it ever again, so she went round to the back hills of Jingxin Monastery.

The back hills in Jingxin Monastery was a scenic place. Almost everyone who visited Jingxin Monastery would go there to enjoy its scenery. Qi Rongzhi was not worried about her elder brother because this was not the first time they visited Jingxin Monastery. One thing she was sure was that he would not leave without her. He probably met someone and started talking. She supposed he would come to look for her later on.

The back hills of Jingxin Monastery extended into some woods and although the area beyond the woods belonged to Jingxin Monastery, it was beyond its boundary.

The pilgrims usually did not go beyond the forest where there were a few private properties. The lady pilgrims who stayed at Jingxin Monastery did not go beyond the woods to the private houses, lest they bump into outsiders.

The trees in the woods were rather dense, but a small cobbled path ran through it. Along the path were a few octagonal pavilions. There were also chrysanthemum flowers blooming at the moment, which added to the color and relaxed feel to the woods.

“Where’s Elder Miss Qin? Funny, didn’t Elder Miss Qin said she was going to look for Miss Shui? We don’t see her anywhere!” a voice broke the silence in the woods,but Qi Rongzhi could not be bothered but continued to walk on. However, she lifted her foot and stopped in her tracks immediately.

“I have no idea where Elder Miss Qin had gone, and I thought I saw First Young Master of the Qi Family. Could Elder Miss Qin have gone to meet him?” another maid said.

“Did you see wrongly?” said the first maid, sounding astonished.

Qi Rongzhi had stopped in her tracks. She looked towards the trees ahead of her where she spotted a bush and some trees. She could vaguely make out that there were two maids dressed in the same clothes as the maids in the General’s Mansion standing there.

It was no wonder that Elder Brother was so keen to bring her here for some quiet time. It was really because Qin Yuru was here. Qi Rongzhi raised her eyebrows as she tried hard to suppress the rising fury in her.

“I couldn’t have seen wrongly. Even if I did, there had to be someone. The young master of the Qis was hiding behind the rockery and Elder Miss Qin was standing right beside the rockery. From where I was standing at that time, I could see that Young Master Qin was wearing a beautiful long robe, which looked like the once Elder Miss Qin made for him. It must be him!”

The other maid whispered.

However, no matter how soft the whisper was, it sounded loud and clear to Qi Rongzhi because of the echos through the hollows between the trees in the woods. This made Qi Rongzhi so furious that her face drained of its colors. She was just suspecting something, but when the maids accurately described how Qi Tianyu was dressed in a white robe, she was certain they were talking about her brother.