Chapter 56 This Was The Duty Of The King's Subject

“I’ve imposed on you for many days, General,” said the young man who was so handsome that he looked as if he was a character in a painting. He tapped his fingers lightly on the armrest of the chair as he smiled a gracious and warm smile. He looked to be totally innocent, especially because he was also frail-looking from his sickness. Everyone who saw him for the first time would think he was such a beautiful young man.

“Don’t mention, it is in my duty as a subject to the king!” said Qin Huaiyong respectfully as he bowed his head.

Chu Liuchen cocked his head and coughed lightly, turned around and with a gentle voice, he said, “It must have been hard for the general to help me keep this secret. I heard that there is a great physician who is very skillful in medicine in Jingxin Monastery. Do you think it is possible for me to go there and stay for a few days?”

“Erm…” Qin Huaiyong hesitated.

“Why? Is there a problem, Ningyuan Army General?” asked Chu Liuchen, smiling and cocking his head again. His lips were so pale that they looked to be drained of their colors. For this reason, he looked even more frail and sickly, yet he looked exceptionally attractive as if all the light was shining on his face.

Handsome and innocent-looking!

This was the first impression Chu Liuchen left on Qin Huaiyong. To him, this sickly looking man could not be counted as a valiant man!

“Jingxin Monastery would not permit an overnight stay for any males,” said Qin Huaiyong, who paused for a moment and decided to be upfront with him. He continued, “It is because it is only occupied by nuns, so they would not allow any male to stay there overnight. All the guestrooms in Jingxin Monastery are for females.”

“Were there not a single male who went to Jingxin Monastery to seek medical help?” asked Chu Liuchen politely as his lips curled up into a smile. This made Qin Huaiyong believe that Prince Chen was a gentlemanly young man, who was unfortunately sickly.

“There is actually one place where you may sleep, but it’s quite cramped and I’m afraid Prince Chen may not feel comfortable staying there,” said Qin Huaiyong after pondering for a while, and he continued, “It’s nearby Jingxin Monastery. There used to be some other man seeking medical treatment from Jingxin Monastery who stayed with the nearby households.”

“Tell me about it!” asked Chu Liuchen as he pinched his chin.

“I have a small courtyard with a room near Jingxin Monastery which I acquired from a farmer. I had someone built an extension to that building, but it is still quite a small place. If Prince Chen doesn’t mind, you can stay there. It’s not far from Jingxin Monastery and it’ll be convenient to invite the reverend from Jingxin Monastery to go over there to treat you.”

Qin Huaiyong replied.

Qin Huaiyong had stayed in that house whenever he visited Old Grandma in Jingxin Monastery. Old Grandma had always stayed in Jingxin Monastery for a period of time whenever she was not feeling well and Qin Huaiyong would spend his nights at this place whenever he visited her.

“Alright, I will stay there. Since my uncle, the king had given me permission to go around, so that if I were to bump into any skillful physician, I should get treated by him. I was inflicted with this illness from my mother’s womb, so I’m not hopeful towards a full recovery. All I’m asking is to have my agony reduced,” Chu Liuchen said impassively as if he was not talking about his own health.

Thereafter, he turned his face away and coughed a little.

Qin Huaiyong looked down as he suddenly felt a wave of grieve in his heart. He used to go to war with the late emperor, and he had a much deeper feeling for him than the current emperor, who was Prince Chen’s uncle, not his father. The supposed crown prince was now merely a prince and a sickly one.