Chapter 3

"Soojin-ah! I'll be back!" I yell on my way out the door to go to her parent-teacher conferences and honestly, I'm ready to get out of the house. She's packing for her field trip and with my knowledge, I know it's better if I just stay out of her way. She says a quick "bye" while coming in and out of every room in the house, making sure she doesn't leave anything she needs behind. 

"Call me if you need me" I call before closing the door. I text Hongi on my way down to my car to keep an eye on her for me since he only lives a floor down from me in the same apartment.

Once at the school, I followed the boat-load of parents in. One of the mom's tapped me on the shoulder right as I was getting out the list of teachers I needed to meet with.

"Excuse me, you're a high school student right?" Before I could answer she went on. "I need to talk to the counselor. They told me he is the counselor for both middle and high school. I heard he was here but I need help finding him."She looked at me hopefully. 

There was no point in arguing with her. A lot of people mistake me as a student because they definitely wouldn't guess that I'm here for my daughter. Even if they see me with her they think we're brother and sister. 

I decided to go ahead and help her even though I also had no idea. I led the way because I at least knew where the counselor's office was. Soojin went there sometimes when she was having a rough time at school. I do not, however, know who the new counselor is. Soojin informed me that there was a new counselor this year but I haven't gotten the chance to meet him yet. We were in front of the counselor's office so I knocked on the door to see if he was in. 

The woman turned to me and said: "Thank you so much honey, I can take it from here." 

Smiling at her, I walked away just as the door opened. 

I began to turn around to see what this person looked like but caught a glimpse of the clock on the wall first. I don't want to be the late parent. Not a good look. I booked it up the stairs two at a time to get to the classroom to meet the first teacher on the list.

After having met all of her teachers, it seemed Soojin was doing pretty well. 

I got to the front door before realizing my shoe was untied. No wonder I look like a kid. I can't even tie my shoes properly. Bending down to tie my shoe, I made sure I was out of the way so nobody would trip over me. 

After my shoe is properly tied, I began to stand up when I hear a door swing open and feel someone run into me. 

The scenario I tried to avoid was unfolding right in front of me. 

I whirled and put both hands on his arms to stop him from falling but he had already fallen into my chest.  He started laughing and backed away seeming kind of embarrassed. 

My hands were still on his triceps. "He's built nicely," I think to myself. He looks at my hands and I release my grip and take a step back. I can't even look him in the eyes now. It looked like I was feeling him up. Obviously I didn't cause he's a guy but why do I feel so weird.

"Hey, no need to blush." Was I blushing? Oh. God. " You ok? I'm really clumsy so this kind of thing is normal for me." He continues. 

I finally snap out of it and start to respond finally looking up at his face. He is so handsome. "Are you ok?" was all I could get out. He was still smiling and I noticed his teeth are so white. I just kept staring at them. Shit. Now I'm practically staring at his lips. He probably thinks I'm a creep. His voice broke me out of my thoughts.

"Don't worry. I'm good. He ruffled my hair and went on to say, "You better go find your parents before they leave you behind." Before I could correct him, he took his keys out of his pocket and patted me on the shoulder before walking out the front doors to his car. I followed him out and was about to say something but he got a phone call so I just walked to my car as well. 

I can't believe he ruffled my hair, I kept thinking about it on my way back home. There are a lot of high schoolers that might get pissed off with him doing that so I hope he's not making a habit of it. Although, kids probably like him too much to get pissed off at him.

I mean, with his soft dark hair falling in all the right places and his intense eyes...... 

San you need some sleep, you're losing it. I think to myself before another thought can pop into my head.

Hongjoong is watching a movie when I walk in the door. Soojin must be asleep or she would've been hanging out with him. He's really into the movie so he didn't even hear me come in. I take off my jacket and throw it on one of the swivel chairs in my kitchen. 

I wonder what his name is, my mind keeps turning. I pour myself some water and sit next to my best friend.

"Oh you're home?" he says not taking his eyes off of the tv. 

I sat down my cup and laid my head on his lap just watching the movie. 

He looked down at me. "Conferences didn't go well?" he asked. I just chuckled and put my hands over my eyes. 

"I made a fool of myself but besides that, it went well." I continued to explain in further detail about this guy whose name I don't even know. He listened and of course made fun of me. I expected it. 

"Was he that hot that you couldn't even speak? I'm impressed. I can't ever get you to shut up." 

"He told me I was blushing so I got embarrassed. That's all it was." I said feeling reassured by my own words. He agreed with me, saying he just wanted to play with me a little. I did a fake laugh as I grabbed him and put him in a headlock. 

We were both laughing loudly so eventually I let him go so we wouldn't make too much noise and wake up Soojin. She had to wake up early for her school trip. Yunho was going as a chaperone too so I didn't have to worry too much. I would've gone but I have my conference tomorrow. She won't be back for a few days and my work schedule doesn't allow too much free time.

After Hongjoon went home I fixed some minor details on my presentation and went to bed. I closed my eyes and tried to mentally prepare myself for my presentation tomorrow until a familiar face slid its way into my mind again. "Is he the new counselor?" I wondered. He has to be because I've never seen his face before. Wait! Yes, I have. He was definitely the guy talking to Soojin when I picked her up from school last Friday. 

I eventually got too tired to think anymore and drifted to sleep.