Chapter 17

Wooyoung was wrong. I was having a good time even though I kind of forgot what dates are supposed to feel like. 

We were sitting in her apartment now, and we had already had a few drinks. I learned that, like me, she has a total lack of tolerance. She seemed pretty loose for just having two drinks.

"San you are really attractive...would I look too easy if I kissed you? You're 100% my type." The words slurred from her mouth, and I had the feeling that maybe she was also a bad drunk, like me.

She has such a straightforward personality. Honestly, she's someone that I might've dated, but I couldn't look at her as more than a friend for some reason. Maybe letting her kiss me would give me a solid answer. 

I took her arm and pulled her closer. I felt her run her hand up my leg, but instead of turning me on, the image of Wooyoung popped into my head from earlier. And the way he looked at me. I felt my heart speed up and tried to shake it off.

I felt her lips on my neck now, and she seemed to be enjoying herself enough for the both of us. I wasn't enjoying myself at all. More and more, I could feel that I wasn't ready for this, but why? Why was Wooyoung, a guy, making me insane but this pretty, fun, sweet girl did nothing for me?

The question was unanswerable for me at this point anyway but I didn't even get a chance to think about it before her front door suddenly opened and I heard a man say "Where's my beautiful fiance? I brought home some of your favorite wine!" 

Too bad that bitch is already wasted. I bet she would've enjoyed it....cross out sweet girl. 

I was now in their bedroom closet curled up behind their clothes after sprinting as fast as I could. Yeah, I could've tried to explain myself to her FIANCE but I'd rather avoid dodging fists tonight.

Plus I recognized that voice. That was Yang Jae-il, the man that called me to speak at that huge conference. He's pretty much the same age as my father....why is she with him anyways?! 

My reputation could be ruined easily by this.

Do I want to be known as the young, genius psychologist who can outdo his superiors or ..... the young horny psychologist who goes after married women? The correct answer is obvious so that's why I'm in the closet. SOOOO now, how to get out?

I hear them coming into the bedroom.

"There's a sexy guy in hereee...I wanna play with him," Hayun says and he thinks she's talking about him. Poor guy.

"Let's play then!" I can hear him throwing her onto the bed and then after that the bed was screaming out in pain. That's what it sounded like to me. 

I almost peed my pants at what came out of her mouth next. She literally screamed my name as they finished but he wasn't paying any attention I guess. Lucky for me.

The closet door opened and he walked in but I pushed myself as far back as I could so I couldn't see him and he couldn't see me. But I could tell he was right in front of where I was hiding because I felt a drawer slide out beneath me. It must be his underwear drawer or something. I really almost peed my pants, then.

He left quickly after grabbing his underwear and I heard the shower turn on.

I assumed they were showering together but when I crawled out of my hiding spot and peeked out the door I saw she was lying on the bed in a robe now, her hair all disheveled. 

The bathroom door was closed, and I could hear classical music blaring from the inside from what must have been some smart speaker, so now was my chance! I pushed open the closet door and swiftly made my way to their bedroom door, but she sat up quickly, giving me a scare. 

"Choiiii Saaaaan, come cuddle with meee!" She was so loud. 

I grabbed a pillow on the ground and threw it, hitting her right in the face and took off running. 

When I got to the front door, I saw she had hidden my shoes so I couldn't find them but I was running out of time. We had been sitting on the couch, so I looked over there just in case and found my shoes shoved underneath the couch. Right as I found them, the shower turned off.

Holding my shoes, I ran over to and out the front door, shutting it quickly and quietly before I rounded the corner and threw myself into the elevator. 

Oh no! Where's my phone?! I felt inside my pockets and found it inside my jacket pocket. Now I'm spazzing out for no reason.  

I see Wooyoung is calling me and answer, missing him now.

 "Wooyoung-ah?"

"San? You uh doing good? Did I call you too many times?" I hear Hongjoong's voice too, talking to Wooyoung."What's he saying? Where is he?" 

Oh boy...

"You're with Hongjoong? Can you put him on the phone?" I can tell they're trying to be sneaky.

"You caught on quickly, huh?" Hongjoong nervously giggles.

"What are you guys doing? Actually, better question, can someone come pick me up? I'll text the address." I just remembered I drank quite a bit so I can't take my car. They have a parking garage at her apartment though, so there's no chance of my car being found and getting me in trouble.

"Yeah, Wooyoung has the address and is already out the door. He should be there soon." 

Before I could answer him, he hung up on me and I found myself sitting on a bench waiting for Wooyoung.

A few minutes later Wooyoung pulls up and reaches over to open the passenger door for me. He got here fast.

"Thanks for picking me up." I figured I should start off with that. He'll have a field day when he learns about the night I've had.

He shrugged and looked over at me. "Hongjoong was really worried about you."

"So you two were running around together worrying and trying to spy on me?" 

Wooyoung gasped quietly. "You saw us?" 

"You actually did!? I was joking." There's no way that was Wooyoung's idea....it had Hongjoong written all over it. What a spaz.

Wooyoung didn't say anything after that on the car ride home. He looked like he was really thinking hard about something. Either that or he was super irritated that his night consisted of following me around. 

I figured he would just go home after dropping me off at my apartment, but he followed me all the way up. I wasn't sure what his plan was, so I was about to open my door before he put his hand on my wrist.

"San... how do you feel?"

Feel about what? Why is he being so vague, and why is he hanging onto my wrist like we're in a kdrama?

"How do I feel? Wooyoung, what are you talking about?"

Wooyoung let go of my wrist and ran a hand through his hair before leaning against my door. "After being with her tonight....how do you feel about just....everything."

"You were right. Is that good? That's what you wanted, right? Why do you care?" I was getting exhausted from this whole night and I took it out on him. I'm so mad at myself.

"San, that's not what I meant -....what happened?" He didn't get upset with me even though I just treated him like shit. How can someone be like that? 

I walked closer and wrapped my arms around him, feeling guilty. With my head on his shoulder, I apologized.

"You're way too good to me, Wooyoung-ah. I'm sorry."

Wooyoung was still up against my door, so I guess his shoulder hit my doorbell or something, but it went off, scaring him and making him back away.

Then he squeezed my hand before getting in the elevator and leaving.