Chapter 43

Right as I pulled into the parking lot of the school, I saw police cars pull in behind me and up to the front entrance. Wow, I'm right on time to see the whole thing go down. This should be interesting. 

The officers looked like they meant business as they exited the police cars and entered the school. They weren't in there for too long before coming back out with the vice principal in handcuffs. She was crying hard, just hanging limply in the arms of the officers. Did she think she wouldn't get caught?

In every window of the school, kids had gathered to watch the action outside. 

I waited to go inside the school until after the police had driven off, not wanting to walk past as they made the arrest since, inside the school, I saw the kids were recording it on their phones, pressed up against the windows, with the teachers doing their best to stop them but not making much progress.

Those videos will be floating around everywhere online, I'm sure, and I definitely don't want my face in them.

The police finally drove away and I went inside to eat lunch with Wooyoung. I bet he's feeling like shit and probably stressed out from this whole thing.

I should give him a break.

~Wooyoung POV~

Sitting in my office, I connected the bits and pieces of what I remembered from last night while fighting the dizziness in my head and ignoring the spinning room. My whole body hurts and I feel like I can hear every chirp from birds outside my window directly in my ear.

Thanks to Hongjoon complaining this morning to me about last night, I could recall a little more than when I initially woke up. 

Mrs. Han...and a high schooler, I remember his face...oh yeah, he transferred here recently because of his behavior issues.  They were making out in the car next to ours.....and then at the police station, I reported them. 

I looked down at my hand that I'd scrubbed as hard as I could in the shower. The name and number in permanent marker were a little lighter but still visibly there. Who the hell is Bae Jinyoung?

Rubbing my hand over my eyes, I couldn't get over how crazy all of this is. And if someone finds me in my office hungover after all of this I'll be screwed.

I never would've guessed our vice principal would be capable of doing anything like this. She barely even talked to the students. I honestly thought she might not be too fond of kids but I now know that wasn't the case.

There was a knock on my door and I thought it might be San since it was getting closer to lunchtime but it was the principal.

"Wooyoung we should discuss something," he looked pretty uncomfortable. He's an older guy in his 50's and gets nervous easily. From the first time I met him, I noticed his spazzy tendencies. He can't handle it if anything isn't running smoothly.

I stood up to greet him and gripped onto my desk, almost falling on the ground from the room spinning. I tried to sit back down gently but pain shot into my legs and I didn't land as gracefully as I'd planned, which only worsened the pain. My body told me I needed to throw up but I took a deep breath and held it in.

"Sure, is something bothering you sir?" I said as normally as possible.

He plunked down in the seat across from me and shook his head. "The police just called about something I'm hoping you can enlighten me on. Mrs. Han....do you know anything about her dating a student? I just don't know what to think." 

Wow, everything was happening quickly. "I would've come to you directly if I'd known sir. Are the police coming? Is that why they called?"

My poor boss had to pick up the pieces.