Chapter 21

~Wooyoung POV~

I haven't seen San since that time in his studio. He didn't choose for it to be that way...it was my choice. I let my guard down too easily and got my hopes up again. 

Seeing him worrying about me made my heart race and I stupidly, let him drag me into his studio. He cared. 

Then I chose Fake Love to dance to with him.....bad bad BAD. I didn't do myself any favors. The closeness, the passion.....it all made me feel so amazing at the time but as soon as I left reality hit me hard. 

It was just a dance. He'll never look at you like that or put his hands on you like that because it was nothing more than a dance. It really was fake love. 

He waved a taxi over for me that night and I went home deciding to never meet him again. Not until I got over him. I don't think I could watch the discomfort or maybe even disgust on his face if he ever found out how I feel about him. Our friendship was nice so if it's possible I want to conserve our friendship.

He's calling me again. It's been 2 weeks since I last saw him now. I just keep telling myself it's better not to answer. He calls me almost every day at lunchtime and sends texts randomly asking if I'm ok or trying to make plans. 

I can't be around you right now San... I really have no idea how Hongjoong did it. I am so weak when it comes to him.

My phone buzzes with a text.

"Wooyoung-ah I don't know what I did" 

And then another one.

"Can you at least tell me that much?"

Why can't he make things easy on me? Why does he have to care so much? But...I can't be angry at him for the same reasons that made me like him. I should've known he wouldn't let me go easily. He's too good of a guy.

Turning my phone off, I get back to work.

The school day ended and I gathered my stuff up to leave, having gotten everything done that I needed to. I didn't expect Soojin to walk into my office but there she was. 

"Saem help, I missed the bus. Could you drop me off? Appa can't get me today because of a late client."

Is San planning on ambushing me? He knows I would never say no to Soojin.

"Sure! Wanna get smoothies on the way?" I chose to ignore my suspicions for now and deal with it if the time comes.

Soojin gave a thumbs up.

I hadn't checked in on Soojin for a while so I figured It'd be good to spend some time with her. Soojin is the first kid I've met that feels more like a friend. Ever since I started this job at school we've been a bit close. Like a team. We have a secret handshake and everything. 

She was the first student that I met on my first day at school. While being shown around the school, I happened to look outside and saw a kid in a tree, high up too. As soon as I was left alone, I rushed outside to find out what was going on, figure out why she was up in a tree and not in class. 

Soojin still makes fun of me because the first thing I did was introduce myself to her as if the situation was normal. Like talking to kids in trees was an everyday occurrence. 

But she wouldn't talk to me so I crawled my way up into that tree too, and that's how I learned everything about my first client. She seemed to respect me climbing up in a suit and dress shoes. Completely murdered my shoes too.