Chapter 28

"Yunho?! Jeong Yunho!!? My Yunho?" 

Hongjoong brought up the conversation from last night while we were sitting and waiting for my mom and Soojin in the park. They had just gone to buy drinks and he chose to spring the news on me that the guy he's been dating for months now is Yunho.

Hongjoong smiled devilishly. "No, my Yunho."

"When? He's gay?" I tried to think back of any signs that I'd seen but Yunho didn't really seem interested in anyone at all, being more comfortable by himself.

"Hell yeah, he is," Hongjoong wiggled his eyebrows at me before adding "for me, he is very gay."

I rolled my eyes and punched him softly in the arm. I saw my mom and Soojin walking back towards us and cut the conversation off. 

"San-i your father just called. His plane flies in on Friday night. He would like you to pick him up at the airport." My mom smiled nervously, knowing that my father asking me to pick him up was a poor effort of reconciling.  

That was only four days away. My own phone rang, relieving me from responding but when I saw who was calling, I definitely didn't feel any sense of relief at all. 

Yang Jae-il. The only reason I could think of for him to be calling me is to confront me about going on a date with his fiancé. 

I mean, seriously. There weren't any pictures of them together in the apartment or any other signs so how could I have known? Plus, he's like my dad's age so...

There's maybe a 1% chance of him believing I'm innocent and that means there's a 99% chance he might tarnish my career. All because of that conniving police officer bitch or in kinder terms, his fiancé. 

I answered. "Mr. Yang it's such a surprise to hear from you!"

"Mr. Yang? Sounds fancy-" my mom commented, being obnoxiously LOUD. I waved my hand at her to quiet down and hurried away, knowing my mom would do anything but quiet down. In fact, I saw she was ready to lecture me for trying to tell her what to do.

"San! Yes, it's been a while! I'm calling to see if you'd be interested in accompanying me abroad to attend a lecture." His voice sounds normal. "The speaker is a famously known psychologist in New Zealand. He's heard about you and wants to meet you."

He's inviting me on a trip? It sounds like a nice opportunity but I'm not sure.

"It's a 4-day trip." Oh, maybe an escape from my father? "If you choose to come, it's already paid for, flight and everything, first-class of course." He rambled on and I was about to turn him down. "You can bring a plus one if you'd like," he added.

Wait! I can bring someone? Wooyoung would kill for an opportunity like this. I have to take Wooyoung. 

"Yes, I'm definitely interested! When do we leave?" 

We were leaving tomorrow night so he hung up quickly after that to finish packing. I had to let Wooyoung know so he could pack too. This gives me a reason to go see him. 

I called Wooyoung's phone as I stood outside the door of his apartment at 7'o clock at night. My mom took Soojin to the movies so I had some free time. Wooyoung wasn't picking up though and it was already my fourth try. 

I rang the doorbell 3 times and waited. I heard sudden movement inside, like running and then some banging around.

The door opened and there stood Wooyoung with pajama pants on and a robe only half tied. It was hanging off his shoulder slightly like he had rushed to put it on. The best part, though, was the cat headband he was wearing that pulled his hair away from his face.