Chapter 19

Soojin decided the amusement park was where we would go. We would spend the whole day there and then have a movie night at home while we grilled pork belly on the electric grill, like our own Korean BBQ. It sounded good to me!

"Soojin-ah which one should we ride first?" I had the map pulled up on my phone to see which rides we were closest to.

We were standing in the middle of the theme park eating ice cream with animal-themed headbands on that Soojin insisted on me buying. She chose bunny ears with little bows by each ear for both of us. We agreed they looked pretty good on me though and she couldn't resist taking a picture.

"Should we just ride the scariest rollercoaster first?" Soojin wiggles her eyebrows at me, grabbing my hand and pulling me to the waiting line

After exiting we were both so out of breath and grinning ear to ear. I bought us an Icee to share and by the time we made it to the next rollercoaster, we had already finished the entire thing. We didn't have to wait in any lines since we had ride passes so that also meant no time to let the drink settle, but oddly enough we both felt fine afterward. We both enjoy the thrill so we didn't feel much else. 

"Appa! Follow me!" Soojin hurriedly grabs my wrist, taking me in the direction of a bunny, someone in a bunny suit, dancing around and handing out balloons for the parade taking place later. If I know her, she probably wants a picture of all 3 bunnies together.

"Appa appa let's get a picture with the bunny! So cute right?"

Knew it.

The dancing bunny turned and handed Soojin a balloon but when it saw her it seemed to act a little weird. The bunny's grip on the other balloons got tighter when it noticed me and it started dancing like crazy away from me. A kid came up and copied the bunnies' dance moves but it didn't seem to notice the kid at all, trying to flee quickly. 

Since Soojin wanted a picture I'll have to chase this bunny down.....Damn.

"Hey, bunny hold up!" Soojin suddenly called out, making the bunny stop in its tracks. "You don't wanna take a picture that bad? How about a dance battle for it hmm?" She was bouncing back and forth on her feet with her bunny ears on.

She looked fierce and super confident in herself, making me feel proud. She isn't usually one to willingly put on a show in front of other people so it really threw me off. Is she really having a dance battle right now with this poor bunny?

The bunny pointed at the ride next to us that had just started playing a BTS song, I guess signifying that they can use that to dance to. Soojin nodded in agreement before grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards them.

"Fighting!" she whispered to me before stepping back and raising her fists in a silent cheer.

All I could do was look at her and whisper a silent "Yah!" But I can't say no to her so it looks like I have to be the one that makes her proud. 

~Wooyoung POV~

Okay, so long story short, the person in the bunny suit is me. A friend of mine begged me to cover for him and I figured it would be the perfect distraction. From San.

Guess not.

When he hugged me at his door, my poor heart almost burst, especially when I hit the doorbell. Not why I ran away though. San has no idea that I like him and he doesn't ponder it at all because he's straight. That means I need to respect that and give myself time. I'm the one who started these one-sided feelings so now I need distance to give these feelings a chance to fade away.

But what can I do when he found me and is magically standing in front of my bunny self? And I have to have a dance battle with him? All my work to get rid of my feelings went into the trash. His dancing gives me chills and now I have a front-row seat. 

When Soojin chased me down and challenged me to a dance-off I was so suprised and I couldn't turn her down because this was so perfect for her therapy. She went out of her comfort zone.......I thought. 

Not Today by BTS was playing for a ride but was playing extra loud, you know how all rides do. San seemed like he was uncomfortable but he shrugged it off quickly and when the chorus of the song hit he started dancing. It was his own twist of the original choreo and his moves were pure gold. He would occasionally smile at his daughter and Soojin really looked at him as if he were her hero.

In a matter of minutes, he had drawn a crowd and there was a huge circle around us. I handed the balloons I was holding to another worker and jumped right into my turn. When we went to the club I couldn't show off at all, so now I'll make him work a little harder.

He smiled brightly as he watched me give everything I had and even clapped for me. My heart was doing weird things again. Damnit I'm in trouble.

After 3 rounds, another one of the employees had the children scream loudest for the winner and I was suprised when they announced that it was me but then again, they would vote for the bunny. One kid even yelled out, "No one can beat Mr. Bunny!"

Soojin rolled her eyes at the kid and hugged San, both of them laughing. Soojin took her phone out to take a picture with him so I jumped in the background so she could get the picture she originally wanted. 

Win or lose I planned on taking the picture.

Thankfully they didn't figure out who was in the bunny suit. We waved goodbye to each other and parted ways. 

I actually got paid extra for attracting more people to the amusement park because of the dance battle but I felt like it was actually San who deserved the money. Although, it looks like he's already plenty rich.

I parked my car and was about to go in the front doors of my apartment building but I caught a glance at San and his daughter grabbing ice creams at the convenience store across the street. They were both still wearing the bunny ears too. One of the things I appreciated most about San is that he doesn't care at all what anyone else thinks. He just lives freely.

After a while of admiring their perfect father-daughter relationship, I figure it's time for me to head inside and get back to my plan of forgetting all about why I like Choi San.