Chapter 49

~Wooyoung POV~

Before leaving my apartment, I actually made an attempt to look a little presentable to make myself feel better. I left my house for the first time without my sunglasses too. Can I call that progress?

In a navy blue, deep cut shirt and some jeans I made my way to the convenience store and bought San's favorite ice cream, ripping the lid off and throwing it away before digging in with the plastic spoon that comes with it.

Before crossing the street, I look up to see if the little walking guy is lit up and when I return my gaze to the crosswalk, I see him. Standing on the other side, San has on a black hoodie paired with some shorts and a black hat he wore backwards. The hair that peeked out underneath, though, was no longer a light blonde, but a jet black.

The signal changed and people made their way around me since I stood, frozen, watching San. He started walking and about halfway, he caught sight of me. 

His eyes stayed on me as he finished making his way across and I couldn't tell if he was planning to ignore me or if he would actually talk to me but I didn't get my hopes up.

San came over to where I stood and stopped. 

People continued walking past and the street was getting busier as the sun rose. San's lips turned up into a small smile and he took the spoon from my hand and ate some of the ice cream from the small tub I held.

"Eating my favorite ice cream?" he asked, focusing more on the ice cream than on me. 

I pull the spoon from his mouth and that made him focus on me again. His deep brown eyes look back into mine and he pauses, taking a long look at me.

His hand hits my ice cream suddenly and it goes flying out of my hands and onto the ground before I'm pushed against the pole with the walking button on it. I feel my ass press onto the button as San's lips press themselves onto mine. These perfect lips that I missed so much brushed against mine, tickling them and waking up every nerve in my body.

Out of shock, I looked down at the ice cream on the ground and with his index finger, he lifted my chin back up and spoke against my lips. "I'll buy you another one," he said and ran his tongue along my bottom lip before squeezing my cheeks with his hand and sliding his tongue inside. I grabbed his sweatshirt, pulling him closer and he turned his head to explore deeper into my mouth.

His tongue explored every inch of my mouth and before I knew it, he lifted me up, holding me with my legs wrapped around his waist, one hand on my ass and one on the back of my neck, giving himself more control. My hands gripped the shoulders of his sweatshirt before I moved them to his perfectly sculpted face, opening my eyes slightly, appreciating his sharp jawline as I ran my hand along the edge of it. I moved to put my hand around his neck but hit the back of his hat and it went flying off. He pulled away and I ran my fingers through his hair getting a full look of his blackened hair glimmering in the sun. 

Gripping the back of his head, I shoved our lips back together and he held me close, both of us drunk on each other's taste. I could feel eyes on us in every direction but both of us were too desperate for the others touch to care even a little bit.

His kisses became slower and more purposeful as if he was telling me how much he cared with each one. He grazed his nose against mine and kissed my top lip before he went down to my bottom lip, gently kissing and tugging on it.

"I miss you Young-ah," he pulled away enough so only our noses were touching and looked back and forth between my eyes and lips before slowly lowering me, letting my back slide against the pole he had leaned me up against. 

Even though my feet were on the ground, San's hands held onto my waist and my hands rested on his shoulders. I was scared that if I took my hands away, he would disappear again.

"I can't breath," I leaned my head on his shoulder, trying to catch the breath he took away from me. "I never want to stop feeling this way. I don't want you to leave. Stay and keep taking my breath away Choi San." His name caught in my throat as I held back my tears and I felt him run his hand along the back of my head lovingly.

Pulling away, he wiped my tears that had slipped out before bending down and picking up his hat and returning it to the backward position on his head. If I thought he was sexy before, his dark hair made him completely bewitching. It made his eyes look darker and deeper somehow. Those dark orbs could make me do anything.

He held his hand out for me to take and I let him pull me along to wherever he was going. We walked until we stood in front of the courthouse. I looked at him questioningly before he put both hands on my shoulders and sat me on a bench, telling me to wait there for him.

The courthouse had large steps leading up to the doors that people stood talking on. San jogged up those large steps until he reached a guy in a suit. They smiled and hugged each other and the guy handed him a stack of files. 

I have so many questions.

They chatted for a minute and then San started his way back over to me, carrying the seemingly important files.

"What are those?" I asked when he stood in front of me.

Sitting beside me on the bench, he sat them on his lap. "My father is taking me to court for Soojin so I had to meet with my lawyer friend to get the documents I need to fill out. I'm lucky he's helping me since I know my father will do everything possible to get what he wants. You heard him talking, he wants her to be with him."

He took his hat off and ran his hand through his dark hair before placing it back on his head, looking exhausted just talking about his father. 

"The thing is, Soojin's omma's parents' are taking his side because he gave them money. I'm really scared," he said everything with a smile on his face, even when he admitted to being scared, trying to keep a brave face.

"How could they do that to you?" I looked at him feeling so helpless.

He looked at me and patted my leg with a slight chuckle escaping his lips. "I got their daughter pregnant and let her die Wooyoung. You think they like me?"

I didn't know how to respond so I slipped my fingers into his and we sat there playing with each other's fingers and watching people.

The sidewalks became crowded with people going to get lunch and I knew my time with San was about to come to an end. Time passed too quickly.

"With everything going on, I'm the least of your worries, right?" I voiced my thoughts making San take a deep breath. Maybe I was pressuring him too much. 

He moved our hands onto his lap and looked down at them. "Don't say that Young-ah...you know what I want. But Soojin..."

"When is the court date? Can I come?" 

His eyes met mine and he looked surprised. 

"Why the surprised look? I want to support you at least from the sidelines if I can't stand beside you." I squeezed his hand and he lifted my hand up, kissing it softly.

"Thank you," he paused and stared at me for a minute and added in a whisper, "I love you."