Chapter 45

When Soojin returned from school, she had story after story about the craziness that went on but that was the furthest thing from my mind.

Yooa had stopped by my office to talk since the two of us weren't able to at my father's house and we talked for a long time. She had known for a long time that we are related, which is why she's always called me oppa, not being one to use the word for just anyone. In talking, I made it clear that I have no bad feelings towards her no matter how much I dislike my father. 

Yooa informed me that he was planning on staying in Korea longer because of me and when I got home my mom confirmed it. He planned on coming over to my apartment tomorrow morning for a fun get together again...

Sitting in my kitchen, I laid my head on the counter just thinking and fell asleep still feeling tired from the previous night.

"San.....San," I heard someone calling my name and then directly in my ear he whispered, "Oppa don't sleep here."

I lifted my head and rubbed my eyes while Wooyoung stroked his hand through my hair. "Young-ah? How did you get in?"

"Soojin let me in. Come here." He grabbed both of my arms and pulled me to my room.

Soojin wasn't supposed to be answering the door but I'll let it go this once.

Wooyoung flopped back on my bed, bringing me down with him and rubbed his hands down my back and underneath the t-shirt I'd thrown on after I got home from work. He grabbed my bottom lip between his teeth and pulled on it, letting it go and moving his lips to my neck while pulling me tighter against him.

While he kissed my neck I looked to see if I'd closed my door all the way. I did.

He grabbed my face and turned my head back to face him, looking into my eyes lovingly before kissing me. His kisses were full of passion. I laid on top of him, kissing him and running my hands through his hair for a while before pulling away.

"What's got you all fired up?" I looked down at him with his swollen lips and messed up hair.

"I'm doing what I wanted to do to you in my office." 

I kissed his cheek playfully and stood up making him whine and hold his arms out for me to come back. "You mean since there's no bed in your office you would've kissed me on your desk?" I joked.

Wooyoung gave up whining and sat up, pulling me by the pants back to him. He lifted my shirt and started placing intense kisses on my waist as he answered. 

"Damn" kiss "right" kiss "I would" kiss

"Hey, my mom could walk in. She knows by the way." I didn't mean to spring it on him but since he was here I didn't want him to be surprised if he heard something from her.

Wooyoung stopped and scooted back on the bed looking up at me. "You told her? Or she saw something?"

I felt my face get hot in a full blush just thinking about it. "I don't know how much she saw but she definitely saw my hands on your ass this morning."

Wooyoung's cheeks turned red. "Should I apologize to her?"

I shook my head no frantically. "Don't bring it up."

We sat around the dinner table, me, my mom, Wooyoung and Soojin. My mom knew better than to bring up anything around Soojin but anyone could tell that she was annoyed. 

Soojin left the table to go do homework in her room and my mom got herself a drink.

"Thank you for dinner Omma," Wooyoung said, getting up from the table, smiling at my mom and taking dishes to the kitchen to wash.

"All of San's friends call me that so I'll let you call me that way as his friend. Don't get the wrong idea." My mom grabbed the dishes away from him harshly and Wooyoung stood with his head down.

"Omma why-" I began to scold her but Wooyoung spoke over me. "I'll let myself out. Thank you again for dinner. I really enjoyed it."

Wooyoung started walking towards the door but my mother's words stopped him.

"You might as well stay and meet San's father tomorrow morning. I'm sure he'll be interested to know about you and my son. It might be good for you to hear."

"Omma!" 

Wooyoung grabbed my wrist and nodded at my mother, agreeing to stay before pulling me to my room.

Wooyoung shut the door and sat on the seat in front of my bed, pulling me to sit down next to him, never letting go of my hand.

"Wooyoung don't stay. There's no point in staying to be bullied by my father. I can take it alone."

He squeezed my hand and ruffled my hair, looking unbothered. His playful demeanor made no sense to me in this situation.

"Oppa, that's the point. I heard what your father made you go through and I won't let you go through it alone again. There's no reason to when you have me."

I looked at him, unable to speak. 

"I won't leave your side no matter how hard it gets. Instead of you being strong and enduring all of all the hard things by yourself, just think of me as your Anpanman. We're stronger as a team right?"

Wooyoung smiled at me and ruffled my hair again, making a move to get up.

"I love you." 

The person sitting and looking at me now in shock from my words, makes me feel secure, something I've never felt before. When he holds me in his arms as if he'll never let me go or when he talks me through my deepest fears and insecurities, I can finally see what the true definition of love is.

 The burning feeling inside of me is love, a love that I've never experienced before.

Wooyoung pulled me to him and held me in his arms so my head was on his chest, able to hear his soft heartbeat. He kissed the top of my head and ran his fingers through my silver-blonde hair, whispering, "I'll keep your heart safe because of how much I love you Choi San."

After years of trying to hold myself up and give myself love, along with the people around me, all alone, I had Wooyoung easily taking the weight off of my shoulders. The stresses of bottling everything in to take care of by myself could be released.

Because now I had my own Anpanman.