Chapter 22

I try calling him one more time but his call goes straight to voicemail just like it has for the last few days. Did he seriously block me? That's it! I've had enough of this.

Exiting my car, now parked in front of the school, I stride in to find Wooyoung. As soon as I left work I decided I didn't want to drag this out any longer. Texting and calling someone won't fix anything. 

Loosening my tie, I knock on his door. Just walking in might make him more irritated with me. I hurry and fix my tie again when I hear his voice tell me to come in. I don't want to look sloppy. He might think I'm not taking him seriously. 

When I walk in, I walk straight to his desk, setting both hands on it and leaning over it towards Wooyoung who hasn't looked up from his work yet.

"San..." He notices me. Leaning back in his chair, he lets out a long breath "Please go home."

Go home? What the fuck is wrong with him.

"Just tell me what I did so I can do something about it! You at least owe me that. Stop treating me like I'm nobody to you!"

I mean, we hadn't known each other that long but still.....

~Wooyoung POV~

When he said that, it killed me inside. 

"You shouldn't waste your time on me San. Just think of me like I'm nobody to you and don't come and find me again." My words were harsh and each word stabbed me in the heart but I'm doing this for him. 

His mouth was agape and his eyes seemed to get bigger and bigger with a look of utter helplessness. To him, it probably looks like I used him for free psychology lessons...but that was so far from the truth. I never wanted to hurt him.

"Don't feed me all of this bullshit Wooyoung! I tried to talk to you in my studio, tried to call you, and text you. Now I'm here and I'm not leaving!"

He goes from looking like a hurt puppy to a lawyer arguing a case, stabbing his index finger down on my desk while he made his points. I won't lie...his dominance turned me on a little.

"WHY THE HELL DO YOU CARE SO MUCH!" I spurt out suddenly, confused why his emotions seem so intense.

"Why?! Because I can't pretend to be fine if you're hurt because of me!" He was no longer leaning over my desk, but mildly pacing out of frustration. 

"WHY SAN? Why do you care if I hurt? You have other friends, better friends." I can't look at him anymore so I lean forward on my desk and put my head in my hands hoping he'll get tired of me soon.

"It's different with you." His voice got quiet and he seemed like he was searching for the right words to say next. 

I lifted my head out of my hands, curious now. His words sounded like they could mean so many things but I needed to know the truth of what he meant by them. 

His eyes were squeezed shut in concentration.

"I-I don't understand everything completely. None of it makes sense but I know I want you by my side. I just want you around me." 

His words sent a rush of euphoria through my body. Hearing him say those words made it hard to hold myself back.

~San POV~

Wooyoung had a weird look in his eyes when I looked at him finally. His breathing was a little uneven.