Chapter 27

After work on Monday, I rushed home since apparently my mom was coming for a visit. I got a text early in the afternoon from her that read:

"My San-i I'll be in town for a short while. I know you'll be at work so I'll just let myself in. See you at home:)"

Thanks for the heads up mom...

I stop at Soojin's school first to pick her up but get there early so I can see Wooyoung quickly. Once at the door to his office I knock twice.

"Come in." I hear his sweet voice call. He's looking over some papers with much concentration. He seemed stressed out. Walking behind his chair, I wrapped my arms around his shoulders and he instantly leaned into my touch.

"Choi San how did you know I needed you right now?" Wooyoung held onto my arms and let out a deep breath.

I buried my face in his neck and bit at his skin softly. I heard a noise leave his lips. 

"You're lips are the best feeling in the world." I could feel Wooyoung's heart beating quickly.

His words encouraged me to give him more. I left kisses along his jaw and slid my tongue along his sharp jawline until I got to his ear.

BRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIIING!

The school bell sounds ruining the mood. 

"Are you free to hang out when I'm done?" Wooyoung asks after we pull away.

"My mom is at my house right now so I don't think I can." That phrase made me feel so childish. Kinda like, "my mom said I can't," that kind of feeling. 

"I've gotta go get Soojin but I'll let you know if something changes." I pushed myself off his desk where I had been half sitting half leaning. 

Wooyoung smiles and nods his head before giving me a peck on the cheek before I leave.

Grandma's at our house?!" Soojin was overjoyed at the fact. 

It's not that I wasn't happy to see my mom....it's just, she always comes at the last minute and then complains if we have any plans that don't involve her. She likes to be the center of attention. 

I imagine she's probably lonely with my dad being away on business all the time. I haven't seen him since I was....19? After he heard my teen pregnancy story, he didn't really want too much to do with me. He at least sends gifts on Soojin's birthday and on holidays. He calls her sometimes too, so I'm ok as long as he's good to her.

I punched in the code to our apartment and prepared myself to hear how I need to clean up after myself or how I need to clean out my fridge since it's so full, all things I've heard before.

Soojin ran in and I heard the vacuum going.  

"Omma! We're home!"

After hearing me, she came around the corner with Soojin following. "San-i!!" She pinched my cheeks and held my face in her hands, taking in my face that she hadn't seen for at least a year.

"My baby you're so handsome. You look the same, just thin. Are you eating enough? Are you still having nightmares?" She pulled me to the couch to talk to her.

"Omma I'm really ok. It's from exercising." I eat a lot so I know for sure I'm healthy. I didn't want to get into the nightmares with her. I doubt those will ever go away completely. 

After trying about everything in the book, I came to that conclusion.

"I'll make sure to feed you a lot while I'm here." She smiled and continued. "There's something I wanted to talk with you about." I nod my head to show I'm listening. "Appa is coming home soon and he wants you to visit." She looked at me, trying to read my expression but I didn't feel anything, therefore my expression was blank.

"He wants me to visit him huh?" 

I think she could tell in my voice that I would find any excuse not to go. She put a hand on my knee. "I wish you two would give each other a chance."

I promised her I'd think about it and she switched topics. "Where's Hongjoong? That boy is always stuck to your side. San I'm almost positive that he's in love with you." 

Did everyone see it except for me?

"No, no omma, he's dating somebody but I haven't found out who yet."

"What about you? You haven't brought any weird women around Soojin, right?" She's a genius when it comes to switching topics. 

"No omma!" I looked for Soojin, wondering why she was speaking so comfortably. Soojin was sitting at the dining table doing homework with her headphones on. My mom's doing I assume.

I heard my front door open and there he was. 

"My Hongjoong!! You need to call your mother. What is wrong with you boys that you don't call us? You have enough time to get a new boyfriend but don't have time to call your mother?" 

Hongjoong shoots me a look. Yep, I shouldn't have told her.

My mom made dinner for everybody and now Hongjoong and I were both in my bathroom shitting it all out. Whenever my mom makes anything with meat it's always so greasy and has a tendency to cause diarrhea but nobody would ever tell her that.

"Hongi that stinks so bad...," I held my stomach while I waited for him to finish. 

"San it burns!" Hongjoong was doubled over with his eyes squeezed shut, suffering.

I felt my own stomach grumbling, wanting to empty itself out. 

"Hongjoong!! Save me!" I choked out desperately, worried I was at risk of going in my pants. "This is my bathroom so why did you go first!?"

"The early bird gets the worm..," Hongjoong blurted out, not really paying me too much attention. 

"I don't think that saying applies to this situation....and it just sounds fucking gross to use it now. What's wrong with you?" 

"I think you know what's wrong with me you idiot," Hongjoong barked out.

I would've used Soojin's bathroom, but my mom decided to take a shower in there... I thought she'd never get out. I even sent Soojin to check on her, worried she fell or something, but Soojin reported she was singing loudly so she's fine.

Hongjoong straightened up on the toilet and smiled in relief before flushing the toilet finally. I shoved him off the toilet, throwing my pants down and letting everything flow out. Thank god.

"Your crush on me is definitely gone now, right?" I joked.

We both broke into a fit of laughter.

After we both calmed down a little bit, Hongjoong looked like he had something important he wanted to say.

 "Are you curious about who I'm dating?" He sat across from me on the floor.

"Yeah but you wanna talk about this now? And do you have to sit there? God Hongi. We're surrounded by the smell off shit and the sound of it." I'm not sure I can even fully listen to him right now since I'm more focused on getting my mom's cooking out of me.

Hongjoong giggled and agreed. "But I think you'll be shocked."