Chapter 15

Scrolling through the contacts on my phone, I sit at my desk in my office trying to find a girl to go on a date with but they are either clients or in the same field as me. I would rather not date someone I work with or treat. Too complicated. Honestly, I would rather forget about dating completely.

Giving up, I set my phone down but it vibrates as soon as it's out of my hand. The caller I.D says Wooyoung. Just when I was feeling partially sane.

"Hello?" I answer casually.

"Uh-San I'm done at work and I'm kind of stranded since I didn't drive here this morning...I know you're um busy but are you able to pick me up? I'm really sorry. I ended up being the last one here since I had a lot of w-"

"Wooyoung-ah. I'll be there in a few minutes. Is that ok?" The more he talked, I felt bad that he seemed uncomfortable asking me for the favor so I interrupted him.

He sounded relieved that he wasn't causing trouble for me when he answered "Yeah! See you soon then and uh... thank you!"

As soon as I hung up the phone, I got my stuff together and left speedily so Wooyoung wouldn't have to wait.

Pulling into the parking lot, I sent him a quick text so he knew I was here and right away he sent back a smiley face. I felt my face turn into a smiley face too. I was too busy looking at the text to see Wooyoung run out of the building but my head shot up in surprise when he knocked on my window smiling.

"It's cold out there!" he rubbed his hands together after buckling his seatbelt. His hair was a little windblown and hanging in his eyes before he ran his hand through it. I've noticed he runs his hands through his hair a lot. He looks good when he does it too. You know....like a cool guy...yeah. Just cool.

I turn his seat warmer on to warm him up a little bit before taking off for his apartment.

"Are you getting warm?" I ask him since my seat warmers tend to heat up super fast.

"I'm okay. Hey, thank you again for picking me up and not leaving me stranded." I see Wooyoung looking at me and laughing lightly out of the corner of my eye. I can't take my eyes off the road since there's so much traffic, although I wanted to. People were cutting each other off left and right and just when I was about to respond to Wooyoung, the person in front of me slammed on her breaks, so I immediately hit my breaks too. It looked like a car from another lane had tried to get over into our lane but because the traffic was so thick, it had blocked both lanes of traffic. I was shocked, but not just because of that. I was shocked at Wooyoung's reaction.

"F***ING PIECE OF SHIT! WHERE THE F*** DID YOU LEARN HOW TO DRIVE?! ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F***ING MIND?! STAY IN YOUR OWN DAMN LANE!!!!"

I had no idea he was capable of such profanities but he was pissed with his hands balled up into fists. I held back a laugh as I pressed the window lock to avoid the chance of anyone else hearing him if he decided to put it down. We were still kind of close to the school. I didn't want him to accidentally curse out a parent.

I thought the craziness was over but another car swerved over in front of me out of nowhere. I slammed my foot on the breaks and put my arm in front of Wooyoung to keep him from flying forward. I thought he would go into a rage again but I think he was still grasping what happened.

I looked over to make sure he was ok and realized that he had grabbed onto my arm that was lying against his chest. My palm was pressed against him and I could feel his heart beating quickly.