Chapter 40

...........Am I the only one confused here?

"Yooa come sit," my father called her over and she did as told. 

He turned his attention back to me and I'm sure noticed my confusion. I sat back down, trying to find an explanation in my head to her being here but came up blank.

"Oppa-" Yooa began but stopped when my father held his hand up, signaling for her to be quiet.

"San, you know Yooa right? She's been seeing you for years due to her...issues." 

Why was he only telling me things I already knew? 

He sipped his wine before continuing. "She's been a lot easier to have around after getting treatment from you. I doubted your abilities at first but you've proved yourself to me."

I felt impatience flood through me as he continued blabbing away. What I was really dying to know is why my client is even sitting here with us in his house. Is she his assistant here? If so, that's really bad for her therapy. 

Yooa looked down at her lap and played with her skirt as he spoke.

"It's time you officially meet your sister."

It must have been a joke. I looked to Yooa for some kind of sign but she was bouncing her legs and gripping onto her skirt tightly now.

My confusion was replaced with rage as I stood up and went to look out the window.

"Yooa...could you please go upstairs?" I wasn't about to make her more anxious than she already was. I motioned for Hongjoong to assist her up the stairs before I couldn't hold it in anymore.

Hongjoong took Yooa and my father's glass of wine, finishing what was left. 

As soon as I heard a door close upstairs, I walked over to my father and grabbed him up off the leather furniture by his shirt. 

"Meet my sister??!! She's a junior in high school! How long have you been betraying our family??! That's why you were never there! You had another fucking family!" I was shaking.

He shoved my hands off of him. "It wasn't a secret San. You're the only one who didn't know." He straightened his shirt.

"Mom knows?!" I covered my face with my hands and ran them through my hair, close to crying out of frustration.

How could she suffer alone like that? 

"Pull yourself together San. I thought you'd be stronger than this." He chuckled. "Welcome to reality."

I readily slapped him across the face. The sound echoed through the entire house as we both stared each other down. 

"The real pathetic one here is you. You abandoned a family that only offered love to you and judging by my sessions with Yooa, she's not close with you either, or her mother. You made the same mistakes with her too...and you still want to sit here and judge me."

He pushed me down on the couch and looked down at me. "Don't make me lose my temper with you."

My phone had fallen out of my pocket and was lighting up with Wooyoung's name. I swiped on my phone to ignore his call so he would know I couldn't talk and wouldn't try to call again. 

Right now I couldn't talk to him or I might break down.

"You don't want to lose your temper? Are you getting angry because I'm making you face your mistakes or are you angry because you aren't as great as you thought you were?"

My father scoffed at me like I was crazy. "Seems like you just want to continue being a victim. How can someone with my blood be so weak?" He gritted his teeth, "I never wanted to live like you and your mother! I was meant for better San."

"How many excuses will you tell me to justify how you treated your family?!" I pounded my fists on the seat, upset with myself for letting him see how tortured I was. It was so hard to hold it all inside.

"Will you continue acting like a child or do you want to take the chance I'm giving you to be a part of my life?" My father unbuttoned the top buttons of his shirt and sat down looking smug, trying to take control again.

"Go fuck yourself." I grabbed my phone and yelled for Hongjoong. 

He came running down the stairs and followed me out the door quickly since I was already so far ahead. My phone lit up and I saw that Wooyoung had been on the line for 26 minutes now. I must've accidentally answered the call.

Good. Now he knows what a piece of fucking trash my father is and I don't have to waste time explaining anything.

The rain was pouring down outside but I felt like I needed to cool off anyways. On the stone driveway, I saw another car parked next to mine. I walked out and stood in the rain, looking at the car. 

Wooyoung?

I saw him get out of the car and ran towards him. He pulled me into his arms and stood there with me in the rain. I took a step back and looked at him. We were both soaked but neither of us cared.

"How about a drink?" I asked him, wanting to get completely wasted and forget everything.

Hongjoong suddenly walked up. "Wooyoung, you drive him and I'll follow behind you guys. I'll be the DD so let's go."

With that, we got in the cars and drove to a fancy bar near our apartment. It had chandeliers and an old classy vibe to it. 

The place had to be close to the apartment because I didn't plan on being able to walk out by myself.

Wooyoung and I clanked our glasses together and drank one shot and then another and another. There were women sending us both drinks to get us to talk to them but we just took the drinks gratefully and sent them away.

Hongjoong sat on the other side of Wooyoung and drank water as he watched us. 

Wooyoung's cheeks were turning a rosy blush color as he continued drinking his alcohol through a straw cutely.

I made a soju bomb and we slammed our fists on the table, knocking the shots into the larger glasses and drank up. 

We made a few more and played some other games but I'm not sure what happened after that.

Well, I do remember ordering a bottle of Rosè and showing Wooyoung tricks from when I used to be a bartender, one of the three jobs I had. My showing off drew a crowd and earned more drinks for Wooyoung and me. 

But the drunker I got, Hongjoong made me sit down before I caused trouble.

Wooyoung's hair was looking fluffy from running his hand through it so many times as he drank the remaining bottle of something else I had bought. Now that I was drunk, I had to try harder to keep myself off of him, especially looking all sexy like that.

That's really all I remember but I'm sure Hongjoong had everything under control.

Maybe...