Chapter 55

~Last week at school~

Yah! Soojin! I'll drive you home my little fighting queen!" Bae Jinyoung yelled, running up behind her and scooping her up onto his shoulders.

"You're stupid" She kicked her foot back at his chest playfully.

"Please don't hurt me! I'm sorry! Almighty fighting queen, please spare my life!" He screamed out dramatically, putting on a show.

They both laughed at his antics and continued joking the rest of the way to his car where he placed her in the passenger seat and buckled her in.

Putting his car in reverse, he hit the gas, flying out of his parking spot and then switching gears, continued speeding away from the school with perfect control. Jinyoung looked over at Soojin after showing off and chuckled at her grabbing onto the car's support handle.

Soojin, you're close with Wooyoung right?"

"The therapist at school?" Soojin wasn't sure that was who he meant since no student referred to him by his first name but that's the only person by that name that she's acquainted with.

"Yeah, he's totally gay, don't you think?"

Soojin rolled her eyes and rolled down the car window. "That jerk wants to steal away my appa so I'd say yes."

Bae Jinyoung rolled up the window quickly upon hearing her response, needing the dirt. "Did you say he wants to date the duality king?"

Soojin looked him up and down weirdly. "What are you talking about?"

"You know, one second he's a blonde cutie and the next he's all dark and sexy," Jinyoung explained his meaning but tried to jokingly get a rise out of Soojin at the same time.

"Yep, that's him. Why do you think I bring in all the boys with my dark hair. I'm his daughter, that's why," she joked back and they both cackled.

"They're really together, for real?" Jinyoung focused back on his previous question and Soojin couldn't hide her irritation when she answered, "Yes they like each other."

"Why so bitchy? Are you a hater?"

Soojin clenched her jaw and Jinyoung immediately knew he's gone too far with her. He forgot he had to be more careful with her emotions.

Reaching a hand in his jacket pocket, he pulled out a sucker that some girl gave to him at his locker and unwrapped it, sticking it in Soojin's mouth.

"I mean, you hate gay people?" He reworded his question so it wasn't as harsh.

"N-no I...One appa is enough and I don't want to see him with anyone else. He has me." Soojin felt better after confessing her feelings since she refused to talk to Wooyoung.

"It feels good to finally get it off your chest doesn't it." Jinyoung read the expression on her face. "You are so wrong though. You'd be so lucky to have two fathers and hot ones at that. Hot men can solve a lot of problems for you. Women are a pain in the ass but your appa and Wooyoung both seem like they care about you a lot."

"Why do you say that?"

"Soojin, your appa came to school and made adults twice his age bow and apologize to you. He's a fucking superhero. And Wooyoung, he's the full package. I'm totally jealous of your dad but he's good enough for Wooyoung. They're definitely in the same league." Jinyoung looked dreamily out the window while he drove, oozing respect for the two.

"My appa is totally a superhero but Wooyoung just wants him for himself." Soojin looked distraught. She wanted to make her dad happy but didn't want to risk the chance of losing his attention.

"Did you know Wooyoung asked me to watch out for you and make sure you're doing okay? He genuinely wants to protect you." Jinyoung watched Soojin's expression change into one of shock.

Wooyoung did care about her.

"He did that?" She felt really touched but her thoughts traveled. "So you mean you aren't hanging out with me because you want to?"

Jinyoung laughed and poked her cheek, finding her overthinking to be an adorable sight. "Obviously at first because I didn't know you and you're a middle schooler but now I know he has good taste in people. We're friends for real, don't worry. I think of you like a little sister."

Soojin smirked and poked his cheek back.

"Thanks for clearing my mind up."

~Present time~

Do I really owe Bae Jinyoung for getting my daughter on board with me dating Wooyoung?

"So you don't feel bad about me being with Wooyoung?" I asked just to confirm, praying her answer would be the one I wanted. Especially after last night...

"I don't feel bad appa. I want Wooyoung to be with us. I mean, unless he ever makes you sad, then I will always be on your side for sure."

We all laughed and I opened my arms for her and hugged her tightly. "That's my girl. You should always be on my side."

Soojin giggled along with my friends.

Wooyoung, sitting back patiently the whole time, watched us hugging and looked like he wanted to be a part of it. He looked past us out the window and muttered quietly like he wasn't really paying attention, "Group hug?" in case he would be ignored.

Soojin and I looked at each other and smiled goofily before we both grabbed Wooyoung and hugged him tightly, my friends joining in and climbing all over us to get in on the hug.

This is it, this is how a family should feel. 

The feeling of unconditional love and being surrounded by people that have your back and you know they would give anything for your happiness, that is family.

The weather became insanely hot the next few days and my black hair got hotter and hotter, attracting the sun, as I walked into the school to have lunch with Wooyoung. It was a normal thing for us now but we couldn't always be alone. Sometimes we were joined by Bae Jinyoung, who I had become friendly with after he became constantly present in my life.

This kid is apparently the son of the guy my mother is dating and completely in love with so I couldn't have a bad relationship with a soon to be little brother, could I? Besides that, he watches out for my Soojin-ah.

Today I'm eating lunch with Wooyoung and the new vice-principal. Wooyoung wants me to meet him but I prefer the days when I can have Wooyoung to myself.

The stories I've heard from him about the new vice-principal make him sound like quite a prize. He always goes on and on after work about how he's soooo great with the kids and how he is soooo fun to be around. 

Blah blah blah.

I'm not jealous at all...I'm the greatest in his eyes anyways.

This guy sounds like a real clean freak though, always going around and swiping his finger around to look for dirt and punishing the troublemakers by making them scrub the windows of the school or clean the floors with wipes. 

I'm pretty sure the janitors don't have to do anything now with him there but I'm happy Wooyoung finally has a close friend at school that's his age.

Opening the door to Wooyoung's office, I see they already ordered the food and the next thing my eyes land on is the guy waving at me, who I would assume to be the vice-principal.