A Small Realization

[Diane's pov]
Meliodas and Ban were talking about something which I could've cared less about because it was boy stuff. I looked back at king who was still eating but his smile faded a couple minutes after he started eating. He had a blank but sad looking expression at the same time. I couldn't help but just look at him. He had his shirt off!!! It was so hard not to look at him!! I kept feeling my face heat up as I just stared at his chest and the crook of his neck smiling. WHY DOES MY FACE KEEP HEATING UP!!!??? His hair was a mess but he was a mess himself.. At this point I swear there's something wrong with me! I looked up at him and noticed he was looking at me too!!! HE CAUGHT ME STARING AT HIM!!!!! his cheeks were red and his eyes were still watery from crying.

"Elizabeth!!!-" I heard Meliodas say as I looked away from king with a pouty face hoping he didn't see me looking at him like that. I looked at Elizabeth "You're done cool!!! Come eat!" Meliodas said smiling at her. King tapped my arm, I looked back at him sympathetically when I saw the sad look in his eyes. "Yeah?" I asked quietly. I know he isn't much of a talker so maybe he'd be more comfortable talking like this? "How c-come you did t-that?" He asked quietly, his voice raspy from crying and frowning making me feel bad. "D-Did what?" I asked feeling weird since I rarely stutter like that. "L-Look at me like t-that happy, but l-look away mad?" He asked his voice cracking like he was gonna cry again which made me feel worse. "I'm not m-mad! You just look so h- I mean sad.." I said biting my lip at what I was about to say my face was still heating up?! "Oh..o-okay." He said then got quiet again playing with his food now as I began to eat. There is something wrong with me!! I never say things like that other than to meliodas!!

As we all ate Ban tried brightening the mood but it didn't really help, and King kept quiet. Meliodas seemed to have noticed this and got up breaking the awkward silence between us. He smiled "ready to go King?" He asked so sweetly! He's so kind and caring! "Sure.." I heard him mumble in response without looking at him. Meliodas gave a confused look like he didn't hear him. I stood up and grabbed Kings halfway finished plate over along with mine and stacked it onto mine. I nodded to meliodas for king, who smiled at me!! I blushed and grabbed Ban's, meliodas',and Elizabeth's empty plates and walked away putting them in the sink and got back to the table to see that everyone had gotten up but Harlequin. I frowned, he was looking down at his hands. I looked at everyone else and they looked clueless on what to do. I sighed, who would blame him for acting like this? His sister was just murdered..and he just met us, we didn't really get to see his good side, where he's happy and more outgoing...well at least I didn't.. maybe Ban is right..maybe I have been ignoring him..at that point I just felt really bad for him. So I put my hand on his shoulder but he jumped!!! I saw him glance up at me and now I feel bad for ignoring him all the time. I moved my hand to his back and started rubbing it and kneeled down so he wouldn't have to look up at me. I noticed the color in his face changed, and he smiled a bit but turned away from me.

[Meliodas' pov]
OooOooOoh! I see them!! Getting flirty?? I chuckled lightly, "well-" I nudged Ban talking quietly so they wouldn't hear us. "What dude.?" He asked looking at me confused, talking in the same quiet tone. Elizabeth was standing by us I smiled at her before I spoke again, "you know how we kept pestering King about how he had a crush?, A week or two ago, at your house?" I asked and Ban nodded, we started walking away from the table so they wouldn't hear us, they even started talking! Elizabeth came with us "wait really??" She asked surprised, both me and Ban nodded. "And I think I know who it is-" I said glancing back at the two who were talking about God knows what! "Yeah, but how about you announce it when he isn't around?" Ban hinted out, Elizabeth nodded "yeah-" I agreed and began to think. I looked at the bin Elizabeth had packed for king and I immediately got an idea! "Be right back!-" I said to the others and jogged over to where King and Diane were. King had his head down at the table and Diane was rubbing his head. I would tease them but....this isn't the time for that. "Guys, we're gonna start heading over to my house Kay?, We'll clean up there and you guys can head over whenever" I notified them, Diane looked at me with worried eyes and nodded. I bent over a bit and began to whisper something in her ear, "don't worry, just imagine king without a shirt and you'll be fine!" Then I stood back up seeing that her face had gone red!! She opened her mouth but seemed speechless so she punched me and I chuckled walking away and back over to Elizabeth and Ban. "We're going to my house, they'll stop by later" I said pointing behind me at them. Ban picked up the bin of his stuff, "Alright let's go" he said walking towards the door. "Okay, can we talk about what we were speaking about a moment ago?" Elizabeth asked following Ban outside and I followed behind them. "Yeah, can we?" Ban asked, I already know he knows what I'm gonna say!