A Breaking Friendship?

[Diane's POV]

I felt bad for king but he needs to calm down. We started walking to Meliodas' house! It was a quiet walk. We are about a half a block away from Captain's house and I watched as king fiddled with the sleeves on his shirt. I noticed that he was shivering a bit and I felt worse. I should've got him a jacket or something! "Are you cold?" I asked breaking the silence. "N-No-" he answered, I heard his teeth chatter as he spoke. I could tell he was lying. His bag was also a little heavy,and I wondered what he had inside of it. I shook my head at my curiosity and glanced back at the shivering boy with worry. "We'll be there in a minute, you can get a blanket and rest when we get there okay?" I said softly and as kindly as I could. He just nodded crossing his arms over his chest, probably trying to stay warm.

After a moment we made it to Meliodas' house I knocked on the door as king said something. "I-I really don't need to be here.. I-I could just stay at my house" he said still crossing his arms to stay warm. "No- we don't want you t-to do anything stupid..o-okay? So just..stay here for now..please?" I kinda begged him, he worried me a bit..okay...he worried me a lot. I don't like seeing people so sad like he was. "Fine.." I heard him murmur. I can tell he wasn't in the mood for arguing with me about weather if he should be here or not- just as I was about to knock again, Elizabeth opened the door giving us a small smile. I pushed king ahead of me and quickly so I could get him out of the cold.

"Oh!-" Elizabeth jumped as she was pushed from the door. Whoops! "Heh! Sorry! He's cold!" I smiled back at her as she shut the door. I looked back at king then looked around seeing everyone and Zeldris and Estarossa! "Hey guys-" I waved to Captain's brothers. Zel waved back with a frown and Estarossa with a small smile. I tilted my head at his sadness with confusion until I realized the sympathetic look on Meliodas' face. I knew why he was sad now.. Zeldris got up from the couch and walked over to me and king. "King?...you okay?" Zel asked the quiet boy as he picked at something under his sleeves. I glanced at King's hands seeing the bandages he kept picking at as he shrugged to Zel's question.

I reached over,about to pull his hands away but Zel hugged him. "I'm sorry about your sister..she was a good person-" he said and I watched king take a hesitant movement to hug back but..he did. "Y-Yeah.." king mumbled into Zel's shoulder with a cracky tone in his voice...he sounded like he was gonna cry..again..I was so focused on their little embrace that I didn't realize Elizabeth was tapping my shoulder. "H-Hm?" I turned to her quickly when I finally noticed her tapping. She giggled a bit and grabbed my arm and rushed me into the kitchen with her where no one else was.

Her face was so red and she was smiling so much it made me smile. "Hey? What is it??" I asked curiosly. She grabbed both my arms and shook me in excitement, "Meliodas asked me if I wanted to go with him to get everyone pizza!! Just me and him!! EEE!!" she squealed. Heh. I know she likes him too but..he's mine. Eh, he still likes me more anyway! I'll admit it though..I am jealous. How come he's never asked me to do that!? "Really??" I scoffed not believing her. She let go of me and crossed her arms puckering her lips into a pout. "I am telling the truth! He said later though....but...EEEE!!!" she started squealing again. I giggled, "Okay, Okay weirdo- did you say yeah??" I asked raising a brow..I really wanted to go with him..

She nodded "of course I did! But I had to tell someone!! I'm too excited!!" She smiled more but I could tell she was nervous. "Cool.." I said a little disappointed..why doesn't he ask me if I wanna go out somewhere with him?- "hey..why do you- oh sorry-" Elizabeth stammered out then stepped back. "Huh? Why do I what?-" I crossed my arms looking at my seemingly nervous 'best friend'. She can't just rub it in! I like him too!! "Y-You seem mad! I didn't mean any harm! I just got excited! And I realized you like him too! Shit!" She stomped on the floor and bit her lip, looking away from me. "Hey! Just don't rub it in! It's not fair!" I crossed my arms, in a pout. "Sorry..can't you just like someone else? It's frustrating when we like the same boy!" She looked back at me a little mad. Everyone else was in the other room with king so they probably didn't hear us.