Saving Loke

A/N: New Chapter. Hope you all enjoy.

(Lucy p.o.v)

"You killed Karen?" I asked in utter shook.

Loke looked down "I can't deny what I did. I've been living with this guilt for three whole years.

I never wanted to kill Karen, only to make her understand that spirits aren't tools. She used Aries as shield and as distr was torturing Aries and tried to make her stay in human world for three days. However, I took my place in Aries' stead and demanded that Karen release me and Aries from our contracts. When she didn't comply, I decided to stay in celestial world until she did exactly like I told her.

She even tried to negotiate with me so that I go back to celestial world. When I didn't back down, she started to beat me up. Three months later, I decided to forgive Karen. But Master Bob came and gave me the news of her death. She took the job without his permission and gambled on the fact that she could summon another spirit. But her body couldn't take it and she died.

It was my fault and I lived with the guilt ever since. When someone dies, they are gone forever. I wish I could Karen back, but it's just not possible.

The only thing to make it right if I were to die too."

When he said that last sentence, he fell on the ground and started to fade away. I was worried and ran closer to him.

"Well, I guess it's my time to disappear forever." He said.

I was angered "What the hell are you talking about?! You can't just give up like that!"

As he was disappearing, he spoke "Ever since the day I killed Karen, I have been banned from the celestial world and broke the fundimental law. Now I pay the price. There is no day when I don't think about her and what have I done. I tried to distract myself, but it's like she is always hauting me.

I have been waiting for the day for my magic energy to run out and now is about to happen right infront of Karen's grave. Then I'll be free from this guilt that burned me."

Then he looked at me "Lucy, thank you for restoring my faith in celestial wizards. Please, tell everyone in Fairy Tail I say goodbye."

I broke down and started crying "It's not fair! I won't let you die! All you have to do is to go back to celestial world and your life force will restore!"

"That's impossible. I broke the celestial law and I'm being punished." He told me.

Tears were threatening to fall from my eyes "Even so, this isn't right! You didn't kill Karen! It was an accident! It wasn't your fault!"

I grabbed onto him and chanted "Open! Gate of the Lion!" "Take Leo back to Celestial World! Please! Open!" I said crying while hugging Loke.

"I'm sorry, Lucy. But it won't work. It's okay." Loke said.

"It's not okay! I can't just sit here and watch my friend die!" I said crying.

As I tried to open Loke's gate, golden light and lightning sourrounded us both.

He begged me to stop, but I persisted. No matter what, I'm getting Loke to celestial world!

Loke started to panic "Lucy, please just stop! Think about Natsu! He would be devastated of your death! Please, don't make me live with the guilt of killing you and causing him pain!"

"You didn't kill Karen! Whoever decided that you are guilty, they're dead wrong!" I told him.

Suddenly, the light disappeared and Loke's glasses were knocked from his eyes. But what shocked me the most is that the time stopped and the water rose from the sky, making another golden light appear.