Destruction of R-System

A/N: Sorry for delay, my friends. Enjoy the chapter.

(Erza p.o.v)

After Natsu defeated Jellal, he fell unconsious as Kairi and I ran towards him before he could fall.

"Natsu, you were amazing." I muttered.

"Idiotically amazing. This guy will get himself killed if he ever does something like that again." Kairi said.

We both looked at Simon "What are we going to do about his body? We can't just leave him here to rot." Erza said.

Kairi thought for a moment, then she walked towards Simon. She slowly lifted his body up and placed him on her back even though she had some difficulties. I was suprised by how strong she is. It seems that she and Natsu are equally strong in terms of physical strength.

"Damn, he sure is heavy. Now let's get out of here. One more minute in this damn tower and I'm going to lose my mind!" Kairi snarled as she carried Simon's corpse.

We both started walking out of the tower, with me carrying Natsu on my back. Suddenly, the tower started to crumble.

"And here I thought when things couldn't get uglier. We need to get out of here before this tower explodes!" I spoke. Kairi nodded as she casted Water Dragon's Cage spell on Simon and we began to run.

However, the explosion in tower prevented any escape. Even if we manage to get out of the tower, we would still be caught in explosion.

I saw swellings of the lacrima and remembered what Jellal said. If I fuse myself with lacrima, I might be able to contain the tower from exploding.

I set Natsu down then walked up to the lacrima and put my hand in it. It started to suck my arms in then my body.

I screamed in agony as Kairi turned to my direction and she was so shocked that her spell on Simon was canceled.

"Erza! What the hell are you doing?!" She asked in both scared and angry tone.

"If the ethernano continues to gain power, the lacrima won't be able to contain it and the whole place will explode. I can prevent that from happening if I fuse my body with magic energy." I explained to her as lacrima started to suck me in.

"Are you nuts?! Natsu and I didn't risk our lives to save you from Jellal only for you to kill yourself afterwards!" She cried.

The lacrima started to suck in both my arm and leg. Kairi ran towards me and tried to pull me out to no avail as the lacrima sucked most of my body.

Kairi fell on the ground and tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She gave in and punched the ground.

"Why?! WHY ARE YOU FUCKING DOING THIS?! IT'S NOT FAIR!" She cried.

I got one of my hands out of the lacrima and placed it on her cheek.

Smiling sadly, I spoke "I have to. I can't imagine what would my life be without Fairy Tail. If it weren't for everyone, I wouldn't be here today. You are all so important to me, and I care for you so much." Then I removed my hand from her cheek and let the lacrima suck the rest of my body "That's why I'm willing to make an ultimate sacrifice. I'll gladly give my life if it means you all get to live."

Kairi started hitting the lacrima while crying and yelling for me to come back, but I just sank deeper in the lacrima and closed my eyes as the blast covered Kairi's figure.

*some time later*

After the blast, I found myself floating in an unknown space. Then I saw a vision of my funeral with every member of Fairy Tail attending it.