07 - The Surgery That Changes A Life

I ran back inside to get my phone and while I was on the phone with the EMS. After a few minutes I reached the front of the mansion and then I saw the first real signs of movement coming from Evelyn before she stopped moving completely.

🔺🔺PREVIOUSLY🔺🔺

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

🔸♦️ Mary's P.O.V ♦️🔸

We were all waiting outside the emergency room. I was holding Jude's hand and Nick was standing aside buzy on his phone.

The boy who brought me to Evelyn was nowhere to be seen. Maybe he went home, but I was not worried about him as I needed to focus on Evelyn and getting her better.

Jude was muttering underneath his breath and he slightly shook with light sobs.

Our attention immediately shifted to the door when we heard someone scream.

The door to the emergency room opens and Jude stand up.

"What are you doing to my daughter?" he asks and the doctor takes off his mask.

"Sir. I will explain everything, but first I am afraid that if we don't get a donor that matches your daughter....

Let me just say that not all people get the chances to say goodbye, and I think that it might be for the better if you do say your good byes." the Doctor says and places a hand on Jude's shoulder after removing his gloves.

Both Jude and I walk into the room, when I see Evelyn connected to all those machines, I could feel my heart getting heavier.

I sit down on the chair next to her bed. Her heart beats were slow. At least one heart beat at every two seconds.

I sigh and see Jude shaking as he takes Evelyn's hand in his. I silently sit and watch as Jude sits on his knees, holding Evelyn's hand crying.

"D- Ju-Jude." Evelyn says softly struggling to form a world.

"Yes?" Jude asks his voice tight as he holds back tears.

"Wh-Where's N-Nick?" Evelyn asks and the door open, I turn around and see Nick still on his phone standing in the door. The beeping of the machines slightly intensified.

Evelyn shifts her eyes towards where Nick is standing. She take a deep breath and sighs, and the machines beep slowly again.

"Nick I, forgive you for what happened." Evelyn says and just then the machines started beeping rapidly

The doctor runs into the room, he immediately gets us out of the room, before attending to Evelyn.

"Evelyn!" Jude screams and a nurse exits the room and asks us to keep quiet.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁

A while later the doctor exits the room and shakes his head.

"Doctor. Tell me, was there a chance that you could've saved her?" I ask and see Jude sitting against the wall with his knees pulled to his chest.

"We do have a donor, but I don't think it's worth it to transplant the organs."

"Why not Doctor?" Jude asks from the floor.

"I am sure all of you might have heard about it.

There have been cases where someone who has a organ transplant started excebiting some weird behavior.

And that behavior would be similar to the behavior of the person from where the organs came.

Now, I wasn't afraid of transplanting the organs. I was just more worried of this case turning out like the other cases. "

"So you're telling me, that you could have saved my daughter's life but you were to afraid of the impact it would have had on her life?" Jude asks standing up from the floor walking to the doctor standing outside the room.

"Doctor!" a nurse from inside the room screams and immediately all three of us run back into the room.

Evelyn was shaking furiously and the machines were beeping just as furiously.

"What the Hell?!" the doctor yells and starts calling other doctors. After a few seconds one of the nurses takes us out of the room.

Then just as we exit the nurses push the bed with Evelyn out of the room and we run after them.

They enter the operation theater and soon after they push another patient into the room.

Everything happened is slow motion, the other patient couldn't have been older that 25, but was covered in wounds.

Just after the patient entered the theater, the doctor returned with a clipboard.

"Sir I need you to sign this paper. Giving us permission to transplant the needed organs." Jude signs immediately and the doctor leaves.

"Mary, I don't understand. How did she end up outside on the ground? Was she pushed? Did she slip? How far did she fall? Will she survive? Does she still resent me?

These questions are killing me!?" Jude says and then he slowly lifts his head.

"You." he says and points at Nick. "What did she mean by she forgives you?" Jude asks and then points toward where Evelyn is.

"I don't know. She could've confused me with someone else." Nick says and Jude just shook his head and returned to take a seat.

🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁🔸🍁