{Chapter 21} Is That An Engagement Ring?!

Chapter 22~ Is That An Engagment Ring?!
"H-Hi," I cursed myself at how weak I sounded.

Okay, Faye. You are hear for one reason and that is for Mikey, just get this over with.

"I'm glad you could remember my name for once," I sneered coldly and guilt flashed through his eyes.

"What are you doing here?" He asked.

"Well, dear father, it is my birthday so I was hoping for a happy birthday and a hug but I gave up on the years ago," I said sarcastically and he tensed. "No, I'm here for one reason only," I said and handed the adoption papers to him. "Sign, I'll be out of your hair as soon as you do," I instruct and he looks over it, his face softening instantly.

"Oh, come in."

We cautiously enter the house, and I cringe at the sight. Beer and whiskey bottles litter the place and I shudder at the sight of the mail and unpaid overdue bills. The entire place has an unpleasant stench to it and I turn to Danny, who is looking a little green. His arm immediately goes around my waist protectively when I almost stumble on a broken bottle.

"You okay?" He whispers to me, as if we talk to loud, everything would explode.

"I'm fine," I nod but he doesn't release me. "So, are you going to sign or am I going to have to drag your ass to court?" I said to him.

"I will sign but I have to explain first. I'm sorry for the mess, nobody to clean up," he says and hangs his head in shame.

"Yeah, since your punching bag ran away, the magical elf that used to clean up and cook has disappeared too, funny isn't it?" I quip and laugh as if it's the funniest thing ever. He looks like someone slapped him,

Serves him right

"Here, I'll sign the adoption papers, but there is something I need to say first," he signs his name in three places and I snatch the papers out of his hand, securing them in my purse.

"That was easier than I thought..."

Danny mumbled and we got up.
"No! You have to listen to me first," he says and I smirk at him.

"Yeah, like I give a shit about your excuses on why you beat me," I say viciously.

"It's about your brother."

I freeze immediately, "What about Mikey?"

"He isn't actually my son."

"What are you talking about?"

"S-she actually cheated on me."

"That's it? So all these years, I've asked myself why my own father would hurt me, why he would treat me like that when everybody else's daddy's loved them and treated them like princesses? All those times when I had to slap on my own bandages and go to bed hungry, all those times when we couldn't afford baby formula and I didn't know what to do, or why my daddy couldn't help me. Or how about all those times when I was alone on my birthday?

I cried myself to sleep every night, thinking about how my life should have been. All you had to do was stop drinking for one minute, stop and think about the little girl and little boy you had a home, hungry, alone, and scared. All you had to do was clean up, and I would have forgiven you. No, you may not have biologically been his father, but that shouldn't have stopped you for loving us. Or maybe just let me leave, last year, when I was leaving why didn't you let me go? You know what, don't answer that. You're not my father; you lost that right a long time ago. I'm not your daughter; I stopped being that when you almost beat me to death when I was 9. I have a family, I have love and I am happy, you can rot in hell for your sins." Tears were streaming down my face freely and I walked out of the house, slamming the door behind me. I heard a thud and a grunt but I ignored it. Danny came out a minute later and pulled me into a hug.