{Chapter 31} The French Dude With Two Different Color Eyes

Fayelynn

"Prom is in one week and we do not have dresses," Mari plops down on the booth next to Riley and Lena. I bring them back there drinks

"Well, when can we go shopping, I'm free whenever, what about you Fayelynn?" Lena says and I shrug

"Well, I'm working today and tomorrow, maybe for a few hours after school on Thursday?" I suggest and the nod. "You guys wouldn't mind if Mikey comes along would you?"

"No, and I might have to bring Farah. Davis is studying for finals even though we don't have them for like a month," she says and I nod.

"Okay then, we'll meet up here at like 3 on Thursday?" Lena agrees and we nod. I head to the next table, taking the order and finishing my work.

"Okay, that dress makes you look like a skank that has HIV," Haley said as I came out in a provocative, way too tight, hot pink sheath dress.

"So basically you look like Brittany," Mari added and I frowned

"She wasn't always like that," I mumbled under my breath

"Really? What was she like?" Mari asked

"Nice. Kind. Considerate, happy. Not fake, skanky or slutty. My best friend," I explained and they shrugged

"I guess someone was different once upon a time," Mari said

"Dude, that was deep!" J.C said and Mari high fived him.

"J.C what are you doing here anyway?" I asked, rolling my eyes

"I don't have that many classes today and I was bored so, I decided would grant you with my wisdom on fantabulous fashion advice," he says and we snort. The last time he gave one of us advice, I was wearing thigh high socks with skinny jeans. Horrible.

"Oh, jolly!" Lena snorted sarcastically.

"Okay, how about this one?" Mari held up a light pink dress with feminine sparkles on it.

"It's not very..." I trailed off. The dress was gorgeous, but it wasn't Mari's style at all. It was girly but still gorgeous.

"Not very what?"

"Not really your thing, it's a little girly. I thought you would go for something a little more badass," I tried to explain.

"This is prom, not the CIA. I need a dress, but I see your point," she says and puts it back on the rack. I looked through tons of dresses, none within budget.

"God, it's like $500.00 for a dress that you wear once, I think I might as well buy a white one and wear it to my wedding," I snort and they snicker.

"You're wedding to Danny anyway," J.C teases and I turn red

"Shut up!"

"You already have an engagement ring, I say you should get hitched before college," Mari says

"For the last time, it's a promise ring, not an engagement ring," I scold, annoyed.

"Please, an engagement ring is a promise to get married, so a promise ring is an engagement ring," Mari reasons and I roll my eyes at her twisted theory.

"It's not an engagement ring for god sake!" I huffed and turned to another dress, a purple one.

"Seriously J.C. I want to look sexy, not like a lemon," Lena scolded as J.C put a puffy yellow dress back on the rack.