{Chapter 36} I Really Wish I Moved That Key From Under The Doormat

Early update!!!
*I Dare you to say you love me after this chapter*

*Prepare to hate me*

*also, in your seething anger for me and other parties, could you read the authors note at the end?*
Thanks.
Okay.
Bye now.
Until the authors note.
Okay.
ON WITH THE STORY!!!

{Chapter 36} I Really Wish I Moved That Key From Under The Doormat

Fayelynn

"So you're asking us to give up a perfectly good Saturday and spend it with high level snobs who don't really give a shit about anything other than money?" Mari clarifies as I sit down next to them at our usual table at Delilah's. It had been a few weeks since my little humiliation incident at the party and since then, Danny had actually taught me how to swim! Surprisingly, my paranoia was gone once I learned to float and I liked it. The feeling of water rushing in and moving through it like zero gravity was amazing.

"Well when you say it like that..." Danny trails off and Mari rolls her eyes. "It's just a formal charity dinner party, it's not all snobs, just ask Riley! He went a few years back."

"And I haven't been back since." Riley shuddered dramatically and Mari crossed her arms.

"Do we get to dress up?" She asks

"Yes, it is formal."

"Then I'm in, I can pick your outfit Fayelynn," Mari was won over at the dressing up part bit I'm not totally convinced that it's a good idea.

"Whoa... who said I was going? I hate formal dinners, I hate snobby people and I hate dressing up so explain to me why I would go to this?" I said, knowing perfectly well why I would go to it.

"Because you are my girlfriend and I need your emotional support to get me through this horrible emotional torture?" Danny guessed and I sighed.

"Why don't you just ditch it?"

"Because considering I'm the future CEO of dad's company, I need to be there and have money sucking leeches suck up to me," Danny says and I shrug, pretending to not care. "Please sweetheart, it'll be just a little bit more bearable if you're there with me. Please?" He pleads, with puppy eyes and broke through my last wall.

"Fine, what time?"

"Yay! Around 9:00pm, dress nice!" He says, dropping some bills on the counter and pecking my cheek before walking out.

"So, what outfit? We need something amazing! Let's kick all of those high profile stuck up bitches out of the water. Or we could go all rebel and act like Goth chicks and watch them loose their heads. All rebel like-" I can already hear the rebellious wheels turning in her brain and I cut her off.

"Nope! None of the rebel stuff, we have to dress nice. As much as I don't like it, I might want to actually impress these people," I sighed and she shrugs, biting into her cake and swallowing.

"Fine, but I'm still going to dress a little badass and swear a lot around them," she says and I nod, smiling at her antics but knowing well that she would never do anything to embarrass Riley. She left soon after, and I went back to work, the routine still staying the same. My life was easy and simple, and I was starting to handle being able to juggle two jobs.

If only I knew how much everything was about to change.

For the worst.

~*~

"And I'm suddenly feeling very under dressed," I step into the Mason's garden and backyard, instantly feeling out of place and clutching tighter to Mari.