{Chapter 34} Incoming!

"Please let him be okay, please let him be okay, please..." I pleaded to myself and paced around the hospital waiting room anxiously.

"Sweetheart, he'll be fine, sit down," Danny urges and tries to calm me down.

"What if he's not okay? I mean, Alex said he was coughing up blood and throwing up, I don't know what I would do without him, Danny. He's my little brother," I say and tears well up at the thought of loosing him.

"Faye, just breath. He will be okay, he's Mikey. You and I both know that he's a fighter, and he won't give up," Danny says and I sit down.

Danny and I were interrupted by Alex's hysterical call, saying that Mikey was having trouble breathing and coughing up blood. He had fainted and rushed to the hospital immediately for the doctor to send him into emergency examination. Danny and I had gotten there, half dressed and I was in hysterics.

My dress wasn't zipped up all on the way, I was wearing sweatpants under it and my hair and make up were a mess. Danny still didn't have a tie on, his buttons were still undone and hair was disheveled. The look on the nurses face when they saw two hysterical teenagers looking frantically for a five year old boy was priceless, the few people that were in the waiting room kept giving us weird looks. Alex, Anna and Amelia were leaned up against each other, all in pajamas and in a complete mess. Mrs. Mason was in a nightgown and Mr. Mason was still in his drivers outfit.

"Fayelynn, sit down," Danny demanded and I sat down next to him and he pulled me into a hug. "He'll be okay, don't worry. He'll be okay," he murmured quietly and held me. Eventually he nodded off with his head in my shoulder and but I couldn't sleep.

Mikey

This is my Mikey

The little boy who's my saving grace

Nothing can happen to him, how could have I let something happen to him? I should have kept a better eye on him, how could have I been so selfish? I practically cast him out and barely spent time with him.

What would I do without him?

There was no point for me without him.

That's way to think optimist Fayelynn.

I headed to the bathroom and removed all of my make up, fixing myself up as best as I could. Bags were forming under my eyes but I was alert and awake, without a doubt. After heading back to the waiting room, I took out my phone and googled "Coughing up blood and throwing up" and the most scary things came up.

Lung Cancer.

My family had a history of cancer, my grandmother and great grandmother had both died of it, I'm not sure what kind but it was cancer.

Please, please, please, please don't let him have cancer. Please, please, please. I'll do anything, go to church every Sunday, I won't have sex until marriage, I'll be nicer to Brittany and her minions, I'll cut down on the sarcastic comments. Please, please, please let him be okay. Please, please...

I couldn't sleep at all, worried the doctor might come out and look for us about news but wouldn't know me. Eventually Mr. and Mrs. Mason went home to get spare clothing and food but I still didn't leave my spot. Danny stayed with me, rooted in the chair and holding me while I silently came up with horrible scenarios that were impossible. Around 6:30 in the morning, the doctor came out, covered in blood and looking tired.

Mikey's blood?

"Ms. Collins?" He called and I stood up, rushing to him and Danny in tow.