26|| Underneath the Mistletoe

*The maker of the GIF above is unknown but can be found in amino. If someone knows who the artist is, please contact me!*

[1700 || LONDON, ENGLAND]

Today's the day children wake up to see their presents. Everyone has a day off- even the king's peasants! Sleigh bells ringing, quoirs are singing and a wonderful day to be kissing.

Underneath the mistletoe, a fair maiden will be waiting. Underneath the mistletoe, a young man will be waiting. Waiting for their love, waiting for a sign from up above.

"A small dove! It would do." Chirped the young lady. "As a small sign of his love, it would do."

"I wasn't kidding when I said all I want for Christmas is her." He sighed, waiting patiently. "Please, St. Nicholas. I only want my lover."

"For Christmas," He whispered. "This Christmas," She whispered. "Please, don't let me suffer."

The clock striked twelve 'o' clock, and neither of the two moved from their block. Suddenly, the female's front door opened. Curious, her head she slanted.

There, stood her fiance of a year. Standing up with a small sneer. She moved away from the mistletoe, she moved away so slow.

"I want to talk to you, my dear." She whispered loud enough for him to hear. He nodded, saying- "Go on, I'm all ears."

"Well, I wanted to ask permission to-" "You want to be with that other boy, right?"

She was shocked while he continued. "Don't worry, I'm not gonna create a fight."

"We know that we don't have the same feelings for each other, so why even bother?"

She tried to talk, but he shushed her. "You may go to him, that Varian boy, and live happily. I'll tell your parents the bethrotal is off."

She managed to stop her scoff. "They won't-""I was the one who asked for your hand."

"Look, I'll cut the bethrotal off even if it means giving them some of my land." She whispered, "How do I know that this isn't written on sand, something to be forgetten, something of a lie?"

"After this Christmas, from me, you'll get a 'good bye!" She sensed his sincerety and smiled at him. He smiled back a smile that's quite slim. "I, too, have found someone else."

They both smiled at each other bittersweetly. "Thank you, Arthur. May you have a Merry Christmas." "You too, love. Merry Christmas."

Then, the young lady ran out into the snow, her coat draped on her shoulders.

She tried not to be slow, and ran as fast as she could.

With a smile on her face, she fastened up her pace. Reaching the door to his home,

she knocked three times.

One, for I

Two, for love

And three, for you.

The door creaked opened slowly.

[To be or not to be continued]

This Christmas, I want you to decide how this ends. Will they be lovers or stay as friends? Make up an ending and post it at the comments or send it to me. I'll post some of my favorites tomorrow for all to see~

Merry Christmas, y'all! ✨ I cannot believe that the year is going to end soon. Anyways, hope that y'all have a Merry Christmas and a happy day today and onwards. Stay weird and funky :)) 💞

(Chapter 31; Underneath the Mistletoe) 12/25/19

560 words