21

''we have to talk,'' hyunjin said, sitting down next to chan and automatically jerking his hand away when he reached out for it. ''you shouldn't have touched me, i said no.''

''i'm sorry,'' chan immediately apologised. ''i thought you changed your mind.''

''you made me change my mind,'' the younger cussed. ''you convinced me into doing it anyways.''

chan sighed. ''i didn't know you felt like that, i'm sorry.''

''and- and-'' he hesitated, tears building up in his eyes and refusing to be blinked away. ''we should break up, i- it's not working.''

before chan could even reply, he was already sobbing his eyes out. ''please be my best friend again! i can't lose you.''

the older put a hand on his shoulder, smiling with comfort. ''i kind of figured,'' chan said. ''to be honest it felt a little out of place for me as well, i think i like being your best friend better.''

''oh god,'' hyunjin laughed breathily. ''i was so worried.''

chan smiled. ''i really am sorry for forcing you into it, though. i hope you can forgive me.''

''of course,'' the younger nodded. ''i'm not that mad about it.''

''do you want a hug?'' chan suggested, his best friend nodding again gently.

it hadn't been the whole story. when chan had tried to touch him again he had gotten as far as fingering him before hyunjin had just broke down crying.

the older had spent a while cleaning him up and cuddling him, holding him close and whispering to him that it was alright, hyunjin almost rejecting the affection.

he accepted the hug, resting his chin on chan's shoulder comfortably and finally being able to appreciate the touch now that he didn't feel so guilty anymore.

''now will you stop avoiding me?'' chan joked, hooking his chin behind the other's shoulder as well.

''sorry,'' hyunjin whispered, pulling back from the hug. ''i was scared you would be mad.''

''and i'm sorry for trying to make you slip,'' he finally confessed, smile dropping to show that he was serious. ''it was disrespectful and mean of me when i know you're uncomfortable with it.''

''it's fine,'' the younger dismissed. ''i guess we were both assholes.''

chan laughed along with him, ruffling his hair for him in a soft action.

+

''we broke up,'' hyunjin said when jisung came back home that evening, before he even had the chance to properly close the door. ''i-i broke up with him.''

''and?'' jisung wondered, forcing his expression to soften in case it turned out to be bad.

''he admitted that he was wrong,'' the older said. ''we agreed that we were better as best friends.''

''can i have a hug?'' he asked softly, opening his arms for hyunjin and watching him nod, getting up and walking in to his hold.

''did you have a bad day?'' hyunjin asked, resting his chin on top of jisung's head.

''no,'' jisung denied, wrapping his arms around his waist. ''i'm just proud of you, baby boy.''

''will you take care of me if i slip?'' the older wondered, sounding more like a request than anything else. ''don't drop me.''

''of course i will,'' he promised, making it sound so easy that it was impossible not to believe. ''gotta take care of my puppy.''

jisung felt bad, really, angry that he was so happy about the break-up when it meant he could spend more time with him again.

''do you want to slip?'' jisung asked, figuring there must be a reason behind the question.

hyunjin nodded. ''if you have time, i can wait.''

''go on your knees,'' he instructed, hyunjin feeling awkward to do so as he wasn't in his headspace. ''you'll look so cute.''

with a soft sigh, he stepped back and sank to his knees, letting his head hang in embarrassment. ''yes, master.''

even if he didn't feel anywhere near his headspace after avoiding it for a while, he tried to get himself closer.

jisung put a hand in his hair, massaging slowly and gripping at it. ''such a good boy, so beautiful.''

''i-i'm starting to slip now,'' he warned. ''where's your phone?''

the younger smiled softly, adoring how hyunjin looked as he gazed up at him through his eyelashes. ''in my bag, don't worry.''

hyunjin nodded, looking at the floor so his eyes fell on jisung's socks, unsure of what to do.

''gonna slip now,'' hyunjin said again. ''m serious.''

jisung hummed, pulling some strands lightly every now and then to make hyunjin gasp softly. ''go ahead, i've got you.''

nodding once more, hyunjin slowly let himself go, relying on the hold on his hair to care for him.

''let go, puppy,'' jisung encouraged. ''i'm here for you.''

-

i didn't know what to do with this chapter